new from GA

Tell us a bit about yourself!
redman2006

Re: new from GA

Post by redman2006 »

I have been considering that. I have a couple of other projects in the works right now, and this does not affect the way it shoots, so it really is not a big deal to me.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:
redman2006 wrote:
The wood on this rifle, well, I think it is just big chucks of the same wood used to make pallets that they ship the rifles on....lol. it is a bit odd.

That can be changed...... There are quite a few on this site that have done a refinish and discovered with a little work you can have one heck of a nice looking stock.
If you're not into major projects simply a well rubbed in coat or two of Tru-Oil can work miracles and make the stock much more durable & resistant to the elements. That's all I did with mine and they turned out beautiful especially with the leather butt covers I put on all 3 of them. My 3 Rossi 92s look like they could easily have come from Buffalo Bills very own rifle rack. The Tru-Oil blended with & complimented the incumbent "shoe polish" Rossi factory finish in a nice way.
If you want to get into the 3 day regimen of chemical strippers, drying and re-varnishing 3 or 4 times be my guest. In my case I figured that's 3 days hunting/shooting time I'd never get back. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
redman2006

Post by redman2006 »

Things like that make good rainy day projects. I might try the truoil first. Honestly, it is not a big deal.