New member from Indiana

Tell us a bit about yourself!
silvertip

New member from Indiana

Post by silvertip »

I joined this forum because on Friday I will pick up my new .357 mag Rossi M92 with 24" octagonal barrel and blue finish. I have been gleaning info from this site about what kind of work this rifle might need to be dependable. I am 67 years old and have been retired for a few years now. As I was signing up for this website, I realized I had other firearms that would fit. Within the last year I purchased a Gaucho in .357 mag. I also have a Taurus Model 66 .357 mag in brushed nickel that I purchased in the late '80's. Finally I have a Rossi .38 Spl with a 3" barrel. This was my mother-in-law's carry gun before she passed away. Buying the Gaucho got me thinking about all those westerns on TV and at the movies that I watched as a kid. Over the past decades I developed a love for all things military--Springfield '03's, M1 rifles and carbines, HK 91 civilian version of the German G3 rifle, AR-15's, Beretta 92, Model 1911 pistols, and a couple of semi-auto Uzi's. But that Gaucho and my Winchester Model 1897 shotgun got me thinking about the intro to the old "Lone Ranger" series. The announcer would say: "Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear!" I guess I needed a M92 lever gun to get there. I'll eventually post pics of these firearms and post about any mods I make to the rifle.
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: New member from Indiana

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Welcome aboard Silvertip!!!! Sounds like you have a good stock of firearms..... :D
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

silvertip

Post by silvertip »

One never can have "too many" firearms! :D
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

And the ammo to go with them... :D
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum silvertip!
silvertip wrote:I joined this forum because on Friday I will pick up my new .357 mag Rossi M92 with 24" octagonal barrel and blue finish.
Another new fellow made his first post this evening as well asking if anybody knew where this very type of rifle might be instock. Did your dealer have more rifles?
Michael
silvertip

Post by silvertip »

Ranch Dog wrote:Welcome to the forum silvertip!
silvertip wrote:I joined this forum because on Friday I will pick up my new .357 mag Rossi M92 with 24" octagonal barrel and blue finish.
Another new fellow made his first post this evening as well asking if anybody knew where this very type of rifle might be instock. Did your dealer have more rifles?
I just posted over on his thread about some leads that I had. But no, my dealer has only 16" barreled M92's remaining.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!