Ballistic Edge Case Annealer

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ballistic Edge Case Annealer

Post by Ranch Dog »

I thought I would add a couple of short videos showing the BEM 360 Case Annealer in use on some 38-55 Win cases. I think it took about 6 and a half minutes to anneal all 125 cases! Setup is 5 to 10 minutes.

[youtube][/youtube]

This is a side view of the water quenching.

[youtube][/youtube]
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Ballistic Edge Case Annealer

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

That is some piece of equipment!!!
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Centaur 1
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Centaur 1 »

Has anyone else noticed that Michael owns a lot of really cool toys? He even has a Ranch to use as his playground! Not like I'm jealous or anything :mrgreen:, but if I lived near Cuerro,tx I would love to see how everything works.
"We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it's legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines." Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California)
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Centaur 1 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that Michael owns a lot of really cool toys? He even has a Ranch to use as his playground! Not like I'm jealous or anything :mrgreen:, but if I lived near Cuerro,tx I would love to see how everything works.
If you ever wonder down this way... give me a shout!
Michael
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

RD,

You need to get some hoses and adapters to convert those burner heads over to a 20# cylinder so you don't have to keep buying all those little 1 lb bottles of gas.

Man that looks like it's a lot easier than putting each one on a stick and twirling it like I have to do.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

donhuff wrote: You need to get some hoses and adapters to convert those burner heads over to a 20# cylinder so you don't have to keep buying all those little 1 lb bottles of gas.
BECA_10.jpg
I'm already on it Don. I received the nozzles last week and now working on a manifold. More than the bottle, I want a single knob to adjust the heat/flame so that they all respond equally to the pressure in the regulated bottle.

I might also replace the thread stock that the burner arms are mounted on. They are fine and as long as moved in sync remain together. What I was thinking of is a sleeve stock with a cam lock that I calibrate the sleeves in 1/8" increments. The setting could be recorded with my brass records. Of course, that will make the set up a bit more repetitive but only take the set up time from about 3 minutes (now that I'm working with it) to about a minute. So, I don't know if the work to accomplish this change beats the simple ruler used. Still, I load 24 cartridges so I'm at this pretty hard all year long.

In other words, "I'm on it like a rat on a Cheeto!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

I figured you would "fix it" pretty soon. A single knob is what you need for sure.I'm not sure what kind of pressure those burner heads use, but surely not "tank" pressure.

What's that RED bottle up in the upper left of the picture, MAPP gas? That stuff gets HOTTTT!
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

donhuff wrote:What's that RED bottle up in the upper left of the picture, MAPP gas? That stuff gets HOTTTT!
Just a very old bottle of Wal-Mart brand camping propane.
Michael