Henry Rifles Parts vs. Braztech Parts Availability

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Henry Rifles Parts vs. Braztech Parts Availability

Post by ironhead7544 »

Called Henry today. Was told there are only a few restricted parts. Exceptions are made for gunsmiths.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: BraztechUSA's Replacement Parts Policy

Post by pricedo »

ironhead7544 wrote:Called Henry today. Was told there are only a few restricted parts. Exceptions are made for gunsmiths.
The plain jane Henry H010 (45-70) looks like a decent rifle to me & comes with X/S sighting system installed.
The plain jane Henry 30-30 model levergun looks like it might be a good gun.
The price tags on the above 2 guns are reasonable.
Never owned either so I couldn't say for sure.
The brassy yellow Henry rifles look nice but you'd need to be Arnold Schwarzenegger to carry one around all day (8.5 pounds :shock: ).
According to the internet chatter on gun forums the quality and workmanship of the Henry guns is supposed to be above reproach as is the customer service but like I said I have never owned one .
No silly, unnecessary lawyer safety garbage on the Henry guns either .........so I'm told.
If I was looking to invest in a levergun I'd definitely be looking at the Henry brand.
No more Braztech products for me until they come down off their high horse and start treating their customers with respect.........frankly I find the current Braztech arrogance very offensive.
At this point in time considering their corporate "attitude" I wouldn't touch a Braztech firearm with the proverbial 10 foot pole. :x
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BraztechUSA's Replacement Parts Policy

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:The plain jane Henry H010 (45-70) looks like a decent rifle to me & comes with X/S sighting system installed.

The plain jane Henry 30-30 model levergun looks like it might be a good gun.
I had never seen a Henry 30-30 until today. I was at another ranch to the east of me and started to talk rifles with the fellow. We have known each other, casually, for about 15 years but I did not know he was a lever nut as well. Anyway, we went the house and he opened up the safe he had a number of the classic Marlins that we spent a good deal of time talking about. He then pulled out the H-009 and after handling the Marlins it felt like it weighed a ton. It was still new but he has owned it since they first became available, having ordered in. I noted that it must have not had much use as all the rifles looked like typical ranch rifles. He replied that it had not seen any use and was going to sit right there in the safe until he figured out how to put wheels on it. Finally, when we got back out to the trucks he pulled out his "daily rifle" which was a R92 Trapper chambered in 45 Colt. It was a "lawyered up" Braztech but he didn't seem to mind.

I want to keep this topic on subject so expect the last couple of posts to be moved into a new topic about the Henry. For me, after handling the Henry for the first time today, I would not even begin to consider it. I will keep my Rossi's and figure the part issue out.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Henry Rifles Parts vs. Braztech Parts Availability

Post by pricedo »

I'm glad I've got my 3 Amadeo Rossi M92s & hopefully my only Braztech gun the Rio Grande 30-30 will continue being the ultimate performer & shooter it has been since I bought it. Never a jam or a misfire and unfailing < 1" @ 100 yards 3-shot groups with the Hornady 160 grain FTX factory ammo.
My only real complaint was the wheelbarrow load of cosmoline, rust, metal grindings and dirt Braztech managed to jam into the receiver and magazine tube...........you'd think the gun was warehoused in a sewage lagoon.
After the initial clean-up/tune-up the gun has been running like a Swiss watch & hopefully I won't need any replacement parts..........knock on Brazilian mystery wood. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA