RG45-70S Ejector and Spring Replacement

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: RG45-70S Ejector and Spring Replacement

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:I really hate hearing this. I really like my Rossi's but will not make any further recommendations toward a purchase for others. That is quite a statement, seeing that I'm an individual that provides a product support forum out of my pocket. There is no value in their product without parts support for the customer.

I'm very disappointed in Rossi!
Nature abhors vacuums.
Thus you are the defacto Rossi Customer Support guy.
You've provided more useful Rossi product support than Braztech has .......gratis !
A very good deal.........for Braztech that is. :shock:
Steve's Gunz is also a good website.
Steve (Young) will provide support and even do the work.........for ca$h on the barrel head........I have no problem with that.........Rossi firearms are his bread & butter and he does very good work.
I think if I was going to send my broken Rossi anywhere it would be to Steves Gunz.
Even though it's going to cost a few dollars you'll be getting the gun back in better (not worse !) shape than when you shipped it out. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ninety Caliber

Post by Ninety Caliber »

Ranch Dog wrote:I really hate hearing this. I really like my Rossi's but will not make any further recommendations toward a purchase for others. That is quite a statement, seeing that I'm an individual that provides a product support forum out of my pocket. There is no value in their product without parts support for the customer.

I'm very disappointed in Rossi!
Hey RD , I spoke with Steve Young a couple of months ago and he told me he can't even get screws out of Braztec!
N.C.
BeerHunter

Post by BeerHunter »

Yes, anyone with any competence owning, using, or maintaining a lever gun should be able to replace any part that disassembles during normal owner performed teardown for cleaning! I find their policy completely unreasonable. I pretty much made all of your points directly to them on the phone, calmly at first, and then more forcefully with a very angry tone. They wouldn't even let me talk to someone higher in the chain of command. So then I told them that:
1) I am completely dissatisfied with this policy and completely unsupportive so-called "customer service";
2) I will never buy another Braztech product as long as they have this policy in effect, and;
3) I talk to lots of hunters and lever gun enthusiasts and from now on whenever I talk to ANYONE, I will be very vocal in warning others to avoid their company and to not depend on their products specifically because of this unreasonable policy.

As soon as I cool down (that may take days), I may even write them a long letter to put my criticism in writing, covering the above points plus any others that come to mind, and dare them to show it to everyone in their corporate office, including the president of the Dod Gamn company! Of course, it won't do any good but I'll feel a little better.

Oh well, I guess the silver lining for everyone here is now you all really know to not expect ANY reasonable support from Braztech.

It's going to cost me some money and who knows how much time but I see no reason I shouldn't be able to adapt, make, or have a gunsmith make a part that will get my rifle functioning again, probably much better than when it came from the factory. Even if it takes me longer than the four to six week turnaround Braztech advertised to me, I will eat the cost of that firearm before I ever send it back to them! It might as well be an antique from a long defunct company. Actually I could probably find parts if that were the case. Unless someone knows for sure that it's futile, I plan to start with ordering a Wild West Guns Bear Proof ejector/spring (one piece unit, ~$21-$24, depending on source) and see if it can be adapted to the RG45-70, either by me or a more competent gunsmith/machinist. Of course, I'll report back here with my progress.

This is my first and my last Braztech product so any help or advice from you more experienced Rossi lever gun guys that might help return my RG45-70S to full service will be greatly appreciated!

And sorry for the tirade!
NRA-RSO, SAF, GOA, MSI, MSRPA, SLSC
FFL 03, MD Designated Regulated Firearms Collector

Love My RG4570S but until Braztech revises their "restricted" parts list, I'll not buy another or recommend the brand to anyone else.
johnreilly

Post by johnreilly »

HANG ON!

I mentioned this the other day and it was poo-pooed. But a Marlin 336 Ejector and the Rossi Rio Grande Ejector ARE interchangeable. I just did it.

I even cycled some rounds and they seem to function in either rifle.
Last edited by johnreilly on 21 Aug 2013 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

BeerHunter wrote:And sorry for the tirade!
The tirade is well deserved.

I'm going to write Mr. Kessler a letter as well as I would like to know what I'm up against. I own 28 of their firearms, firearms that were purchased under their previous policy of providing spare parts through customer service. I have bought a pretty good store of parts that I thought would be needed but that really doesn't cover every possibility. I'm traveling this week for, my step-son is getting married, so it will take me several days to put it together.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

johnreilly wrote:I mentioned this the other day and it was poo-pooed. But a Marlin 336 Ejector and the Rossi Rio Grande Ejector ARE interchangeable. I just did it.
I tried both a new Marlin part and the Beartooth part early in the life of my then new RG4570 and neither one worked, that was almost three years ago.
Michael
johnreilly

Post by johnreilly »

I can do it again and take photos if you want. I have no reason to deceive anyone.
BeerHunter

Post by BeerHunter »

johnreilly wrote:HANG ON!

I mentioned this the other day and it was poo-pooed. But a Marlin 336 Ejector and the Rossi Rio Grande Ejector ARE interchangeable. I just did it.

I even cycled some rounds and they seem to function in either rifle.
That's good to know! One point of clarity, what caliber is your Rio Grande?
NRA-RSO, SAF, GOA, MSI, MSRPA, SLSC
FFL 03, MD Designated Regulated Firearms Collector

Love My RG4570S but until Braztech revises their "restricted" parts list, I'll not buy another or recommend the brand to anyone else.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

johnreilly wrote:I can do it again and take photos if you want. I have no reason to deceive anyone.
No reason to doubt you and this is good news. I do remember the Beartooth product being a bear as I had a very tough time getting the bolt back out. I had to beat the bolt out with a wood dowel and hammer.
Michael
johnreilly

Post by johnreilly »

45-70