92 Got re-sprung and cleaned up

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
blbolin

Re: 92 Got re-sprung and cleaned up

Post by blbolin »

donhuff wrote:blbolin,

Two months ago I bought 2 92s, a 45 colt 20" and a 357 16". The 357 shot high like yours and the 45 shot low bouth with the rear sights set at the end of their travel. I got to lookin at the front sights for a solution and noticed that they were different heights. I swapped them and now both guns shoot to point of aim with the rear sights set in the middle of the ramps. I GOT LUCKY!. After reading your post, I went and measured them. I measured from the top of the barrel to the top of the sight. I did nnot want to take them off just to measure, so you'll have to do some guessing as to how high they are from the bottom of the dovetail. The short one is.400 and the other is .470.

Maybe this will help you a little.
Thanks that helps, like I said in a previous post it seems that a great many have the high shooting problems with their .357 carbines and change the front sights but never say to what height.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

A difference between the clones and the real Winchester at least from my point of view is that my Winchester 94 irons were always pretty close on @ 50 yards and I own 4 of them. The Winchester iron sights are a lot less crude than the Rossi counterparts.
My Rossi 92/454 was shooting very high with the Hornady 240 grain factory HPs but I now have a load using 335 grain hc lead bullets that prints "right on the money" @ 50 yards with the back sight on the very top notch of the elevator ramp. The 335 grain load is a "moose load" pushing them out there at 1950 fps.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

blbolin wrote:Thanks that helps, like I said in a previous post it seems that a great many have the high shooting problems with their .357 carbines and change the front sights but never say to what height.
hi

When you figure it out bibolin, I hope you post the specific sight height you used. I have a 357 Mag but went straight to the Skinner sights on it so I'm no help.
Michael