Extremely easy and quick finish for your Rossi

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Extremely easy and quick finish for your Rossi

Post by joec »

44-40 Willy wrote:Did you get the pin that holds the tube in the front magazine hanger?
Yes I took out the pin also still wouldn't budge. Not a bit deal though at this point as the tape worked well to protect the metal and have now just finished the 3rd coat. Will give it one more at 10PM tonight before going to bed then give it 4 more tomorrow. I am hoping to have it done by Monday so I can go to the range and test out the new sights I just installed on it. I had no problem with the butt plate by the way as it was fitted perfectly and the screws fit also correctly. Actually all the wood work on this gun is dead on and actually better than the inside was finished when I got it new. I've been shooting this rifle now for close to 2 1/2 years now pretty regularly so it took a bit of work to get all the oils off of the wood but it did come off.
Joe