Ranch Dogs' reloading room?

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Ranch Dogs' reloading room?

Post by akuser47 »

Nice setup for sure. love it!
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Tuco Ramirez wrote:The bathroom pic is wrong in so many ways..... :lol: The only thing missing from it was a press mounted to the counter top.... :lol:
Never thought of that, it would be easy to add a Lee base plate!

Long live Lee and Rednecks!! :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Deleted User 547

Post by Deleted User 547 »

There is nothing wrong with efficiency!
I used to live in Seoul and in my bathroom I could shower,shave, *%€<, and do a load of laundry all at the same time. Now that's a model of efficiency.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Fullthrottle wrote:
I agree. The only thing is on the measuring part there is no lines to determine where the "micrometer" measures. No lines for zero, is the best way I can explain it!
Hmmm...

My Perfect Powder Measure is marked exactly as shown in the instructions and measures for 0 to something over 5 cc in X.XX increments.
PPM_Micrometer.jpg
At a minimum, I'm loading 5,000 round of rifle ammunition with it a year. With each new container of powder, I established a "lot VDM" using an appropriate cc setting. For instance, I just opened a container H-LVR and used 2.50 cc. I drop 10 charges, and weigh them to obtain the average grain weight and then calculate the VDM and write in on the powder container.

I use it to drop each and every rifle charge I shoot. I drop the charges into the Safety Scale pan to verify the charge and then into the case. I use it with BL-(C)2, Benchmark, H332, H335, H4198, H4895, H-LVR, and Varget.
Just love my electronic RCBS Charge Master 1500........one of the best purchases I ever made.
Less than 1 minute to re-calibrate before each use and then I punch the desired weight of powder into the digital panel and an exact weight of powder is measured into the pan each & every time I press the button.
This gizmo is a powder charge thrower and a very accurate scale all rolled into one.
I weigh a charge on a mechanical balance scale from time to time to verify.........the 1500 is invariably dead on.
Last edited by pricedo on 12 Jun 2013 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

That's a really nice gun storage/reloading room/shop.
Clean, secure & organized. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

Nice setup there! I recently moved mine to a small outbuilding next to the house. But it's a lot smaller operation that your's.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
williamc

Post by williamc »

I expected a nice reloading bench when I clicked on this thread...I didn't expect a reloading/shooting palace!

That is a dream setup. Nice!
Rossi 92 - 16" Stainless .44 Magnum
.Dirty-.Thirty

Post by .Dirty-.Thirty »

Well I started this thread to see what I needed and ended up placing me an order tonight for a Lee Perfect Powder Measure, never used a powder thrower before, been loading rifle rounds weighing out each charge but since now loading for 4 handgun cartridges it is getting troublesome to trickle out each case load. Also ordered my first off the press primer, Its a Lee and got the latest edition of Lee's how to loading manual since most everything else I got is Lee. R-D, do you have several different powder throwers and leave 'em set or adjust it each time to your needs? Load many handgun rounds? Thanks .DT

Edit: I also see R-D, looks like you have a Auto Disk measure setup on your Turret, I have the 4 hole Turret and am wondering your thoughts on this thrower and any advice on it?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

.Dirty-.Thirty wrote:Well I started this thread to see what I needed and ended up placing me an order tonight for a Lee Perfect Powder Measure, never used a powder thrower before, been loading rifle rounds weighing out each charge but since now loading for 4 handgun cartridges it is getting troublesome to trickle out each case load. Also ordered my first off the press primer, Its a Lee and got the latest edition of Lee's how to loading manual since most everything else I got is Lee. R-D, do you have several different powder throwers and leave 'em set or adjust it each time to your needs? Load many handgun rounds? Thanks .DT

Edit: I also see R-D, looks like you have a Auto Disk measure setup on your Turret, I have the 4 hole Turret and am wondering your thoughts on this thrower and any advice on it?
Yikes! My reply was so long that I split it into a new topic: Lee's Powder Handling Tools
Michael