My old man just purchased an R92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Fullthrottle

My old man just purchased an R92

Post by Fullthrottle »

I have only had my Rossi out one time so far, my father liked it so much he just purchased one!

My dad bought a 92 in stainless, it is the same .357/.38 spcl with a 20" barrel. My 92 is blued and he wanted that but the only one he found in stock where he lives is a stainless model.

He has wanted a lever gun (like me) for some time now, to go along with his revolver. I just happened to take the plunge first, and he followed suit.
After I bought the Steves gunz vid and did the work on it, I took the gun and my dad shooting......somehow I see another rifle for me to smooth out in my near future.

I don't mind doing the work....heck it will be a Fathers day present to my father. Besides.....I really love working on guns.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: My old man just purchased an R92

Post by akuser47 »

Alright guns and family like apple pie in my book. good to hear +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

Oh yeah....it runs in the family! I learned to shoot from my father, and he from his father (I only wish I was able to shoot with my grandfather), but that is how things go sometimes.

I can't wait till my little girl is old enough to do the same! My R92, will be hers at some point.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Like son, like father!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I grew up the same. I had my daughter out shooting first time with a ruger 1022 and her favorite and best shooting savage 93BVTS .17HMR. I can outshot her but this was her first time if she actaullt take more time to learn the fundamentals she will be outshoooting me in no time she is a natural. I forgot my bipod this day and we had to use my range bag. Two years ago already goes fast. It's funny cause her hand could not fit the thumbhole and engage the trigger to operate the rifle as you can see in the pic lol she still did very well.
Last edited by akuser47 on 12 Jun 2013 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
Fullthrottle

Post by Fullthrottle »

Very cool akuser! That was likely a very proud moment for you. My little girl is only 3, so it may be a while for me to get her to the range.

Oh and one more thing....the ladies tend to be good shooters. I know this because shooting clays with my wife for our first time...she out shot me on those dang clays flying through the air. Yes, I am a better shot than her.....but I had to practice a ton more, she picked it up right away.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

She loves to fish to so I am very happy that we get those moments. I know she will always remember them. My gunclub in the pic has a nice qaurry to the left of my daughter in the pic. and a 200 yard range to the far right with a 100yard in the middle so give some options.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Fullthrottle wrote:Very cool akuser! That was likely a very proud moment for you. My little girl is only 3, so it may be a while for me to get her to the range.

Oh and one more thing....the ladies tend to be good shooters. I know this because shooting clays with my wife for our first time...she out shot me on those dang clays flying through the air. Yes, I am a better shot than her.....but I had to practice a ton more, she picked it up right away.
YUP !.........she should only be carrying handguns at that age...........JUST KIDDING ! Image :D :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

She didn't like my GSG-5 rifle, but she did like the walther p22. She didn't understand the sight picture with the hk style sights. The pistol she enjoyed more I'm proud of her. Her mother is not gun friendly so this was an accomplishment. she gets her D.L. this year so. time goes on fast. Take every momennt you can and hold it.