REASSEMBLY

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
jnewell

Re: REASSEMBLY

Post by jnewell »

wfparys wrote:It looked like a shortened version of PRESSMAN. I was in a pressman for 32 years on web printing presses.
Then you can definitely tame this beast. Take a break, have a beer, come back tomorrow morning. :)
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

The lower tang on a couple of my R92s have been a tight fit. I think it is just a rough casting of the match points on the tang. Rather than get too worried about dressing the "tongue/groove fit" of the tang into the reciever, I just used grease out of my grease gun on the match points and tapped the tang into position.
Michael
wfparys

Post by wfparys »

First off, thanks to everyone for their advice. It is back together. I needed four hands to do it, though. I have noticed that on the lever where the locking bolts are there are two screw heads, though one is not a screw,and that one tends to float around a bit and becomes out of alignment with the semicircular cutout in it which engages the other " screw". This is what is causing the action to bind up. I am thinking it needs to be filed down so as not to extend beyond the edge of the locking bolt or perhaps peen the hole it sits in to restrict movement and solve the problem that way. Again , THANKS TO EVERYONE.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Glad to hear it is on the mend! Well done.
Michael