Installed a Marble's Tang Site on My 92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Installed a Marble's Tang Site on My 92

Post by Rooster59 »

Yup. Already saw those and many old threads on other forums. Still gathering opinions.

I am having an MVA vernier installed on my 1895CB Marlin and anticipate that causing me to want to lob a few Lee 452-300's out of my trapper at metal targets out to maybe 200. The MVA has drained the piggybank so the Taurus looks enticing for a plinking sight on the trapper without a lot of cost.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
jnewell

Post by jnewell »

The tang sight I see on the Taurus website is listed for other rifles - I guess I'd want to confirm that the base would fit (there are probably posts here on that). Then there's build quality - the Marbles is a very well made piece of work. The price difference certainly is an issue, but sometimes you get what you pay for? :mrgreen:
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

The model that fits the 62/72 rifles also fits the tang angle and factory drilling of 92 and 94 rifles. I've seen forum posts of that model sight on both the centerfire rifle models. The critical reviews related to finish appearance rather than functionality.

Pretty hard not to give it a try. If I were going to compete with the rifle I'd certainly choose something like an MVA 130 series. This will be strictly for goofing around only.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
driftingrz

Post by driftingrz »

do the stock rear sights interfere with a Tang mounted peep? id like to add a peep to my 92. cant decide if id like to use rear sight for hunting or the tang sight.
jnewell

Post by jnewell »

driftingrz wrote:do the stock rear sights interfere with a Tang mounted peep? id like to add a peep to my 92. cant decide if id like to use rear sight for hunting or the tang sight.
Not really/yes they do. :mrgreen: You could leave them in place and line up the aperture, the rear blade and the front bead, but it will line up slower for you (if you're like me/most of us). The best solution IMO is to spend another $20 and install a Marbles folding rear sight, which would normally be folded down flat, out of the way, but could be popped up if you leave the tang sight folded.