m92 problem

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
qdup1

m92 problem

Post by qdup1 »

I purchased an m92 in 45 Colt awhile back form a person on Gunaction that is an M92 Guru. It has been gone through and made much better then factory he said. At any rate I took it out yesterday and it seemed OK shooting after about 8 or 10 rounds. Then it started acting up. When I racked a new round and pulled the trigger it would not go off. The hammer was not contacting the firing pin. Then for no reason known to me it went off and the hammer fell on its own so to speak. I was out in the desert by myself so no one hurt. I finished the rounds off that were left in the rifle and the same issues occurred maybe 2 or 3 times out of the next 5 shot attempts. Of course this is not acceptable. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem? I was thinking about dissembling it and maybe try to figure things out but would rather ask for help here first. Thank you for any help.
jstanfield103

Re: m92 problem

Post by jstanfield103 »

Of course it's hard to know without looking at it. But I would wonder if someone has messed with the sear engagement and gotten the wrong angles.
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: m92 problem

Post by Gunny268 »

I would definitely disassemble the rear of the rifle (lower tang and hammer only). Then inspect the hammer full cock notch and trigger sear surfaces. Had a rifle come in that had been subjected to some “bubbasmithing”. Had to tig the trigger sear and recut the sear surface. (The thing could be fired like the opening scene of The Rifleman). Jeez!