Not able to top off mag tube

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
SgtB802

Not able to top off mag tube

Post by SgtB802 »

Gents, I have had a few rossi/pumas. 357,44, now a 16 inch 45 colt. Its supposed to be new. I got it from a man who was say a gun hoarder. I actually traded my 44 for the 45 colt as I have a couple revolvers in it. Heres the issue. No matter whether theres 1 round or 9 if the round is pushed all the way in and the loading gate returns to close. U can not push another round into the magazine. If u pull the lever down some u can see the round push foward some and if u are pushing a round on the gate u can get it to open if u are moving it exactly right. Other way is to unload the rifle and start over. So in other words say u was shooting and say fired 5 round and wanted to put 5 more in it u cant get the loading gate to move enough to load them. I checked the magazine spring it was approx 5 inches above the tube when empty. What can I do to fix my new rifle?????
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Not able to top off mag tube

Post by Gunny268 »

Check to see if the tab on the inside of the loading gate is allowing a loaded round to push past the forward edge of the loading gate. If so, you'll need to either acquire a new loading gate or modify the gate you have.
SgtB802

Re: Not able to top off mag tube

Post by SgtB802 »

No I cant see anything wrong with the loading gate but it looks as if it is too long and catching on the round ahead and not allowing it to push that round foward and allow another round to be loaded into the tube.