Getting rid of scratches !

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
tj3006

Getting rid of scratches !

Post by tj3006 »

I am trying to sand out some markes on my SS 92 barrel.
Can anybody tell me what gritt sand paper matches the texture best ? Thanks, ...tj
jstanfield103

Re: Getting rid of scratches !

Post by jstanfield103 »

Use green Scotch Bright pads. It will work better than anything, just follow the grain that was factory applied.
dlidster

Post by dlidster »

I've had success over the years using the gray Scotch-Brite pads. (Actually, I use Mirka pads, the Finnish alternative to Scotch-Brite.) On barrels I use a shoe shine action working my way up and down the length of the barrel.
SW638

Post by SW638 »

I picked up a used R92 stainless that had some nasty scratches on the flats so I decided to mirror finish it on the flats. I started with 3000 then 5000 then 7000 grit sandpaper. Make sure you sand with the grain as this will make the end product shine the best without swirls. After sanding i used mothers metal polish. It turned out pretty good I think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SW638

Post by SW638 »

Another photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.