Identifying my 92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
gplarryv

Identifying my 92

Post by gplarryv »

I recently picked up a 92 and 357 mag. It's a brass plated steel receiver with Engravings of a puma and Elk with branches and leaves. Does anybody know of any links to try and identify exactly what it is. I am not a strong internet search type and have not been able to find anything. I tried posting photos but they're too large and I don't know how to make them smaller
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Identifying my 92

Post by HarryAlonzo »

https://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopi ... load#p3055

Welcome!

Interesting! Are you sure the receiver isn’t solid brass? Round barrel? Barrel length? Identifying roll marks?
gplarryv

Post by gplarryv »

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately I don't own a computer and all I use is a phone and none of that makes any sense to me anyways LOL.

It is definitely a steel receiver that is brass plated.
Round barrel, hand stamp serial number on the bottom front of the receiver, small saddle ring, no safety on top of receiver, Barrel markings inner arms Alexandria virginia, Amadeo Rossi S.A., Model 92 SRG, Made in Brazil.

Serial # K 04****

HarryAlonzo wrote:https://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopi ... load#p3055

Welcome!

Interesting! Are you sure the receiver isn’t solid brass? Round barrel? Barrel length? Identifying roll marks?
gplarryv

Post by gplarryv »

Can this be done on a phone???
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I'm hopeful that somebody here will know the date range of Interarms imported saddle ring carbines. The engraving is a curiosity.
runfiverun
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by runfiverun »

all the early ones were like that, the cat is why they are called Rossi Puma's.
anyway look to the 80's time frame.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I had a "late" Puma in .454 without the cat logo but with a safety. It's only a Puma if it says Puma on the roll stamp in my experience. The engraving may have been done aftermarket.

My SRC .357 is from 1987 but it's blued steel and no engraving. It has no safety and the front sight is on the barrel band. It is labeled "Model 92 SRC". I have found reference to other Rossi SRG's online and they all look like my SRC (Saddle Ring Carbine). Are we sure it's really a "G"? If so, wonder what the G stands for?

Serial numbers have proven to mean zero as far as Rossi rifle type or date manufactured...or even which parent company was making them at the time. Mine has a K 04 serial too but is nothing like you rifle.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.