New 92 .45 Colt

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
351WSL

New 92 .45 Colt

Post by 351WSL »

target 92.jpg
I am still new here, and posted once about a sliding peep sight for the triple black Rossi rail. So far nothing that I have tried fits the rail, but I am not giving up yet. I purchased a new '92 SS in .45 Colt with 16" bbl. I have owned a '94 Win. trapper / pre safety ~ 1989 .45 Colt and 1 in .44 Mag. I do much prefer the '92 action. I have been loading for these calibers for over 35 years.

I wanted to share a target and a picture of my progress as to obtaining the look that I want for my '92, which is similar to the Alaskan .45.
blasted 92.jpg
I blasted the shiny SS finish, and have since painted my stocks with a textured black with blue and grey splatter (photos to come after drying). Still waiting on some parts from Steve and Williams Sights. Threw a Holosun dot on it and shot about 8 different loads yesterday.

The rifle is a CBC gun, and I am very pleased with everything about it. Much smoother and tighter than my older '94's were. Shoots great too with everything I tried. Win. 296 with a Deep Curl 250 grain at 50 yards and 6 shots. I pulled one. These are about 1650 fps. They are certainly published loads but do hurt a little :D . I am not into hot rodding the .45 Colt, but like a good stiff load for certain occasions. Normally about 10 or so grains Unique and a 255 Keith suits me fine. It works well in all of my single actions.

I will update progress as this project continues. I appreciate all of the information here. It has been very helpful. I am always blessed for any input from those of you with much more experience in the Rossi!

Chris in AL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
351WSL

Re: New 92 .45 Colt

Post by 351WSL »

Here is a little closer look at the bead blasted finish.
Thanks again.
close.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.