Thinking of getting either a Rossi .45 or .454

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
GasGuzzler

Re: Thinking of getting either a Rossi .45 or .454

Post by GasGuzzler »

Have I ever seen a 16" stainless .454? That doesn't mean they don't make it. There's about three dozen variants of a Rossi 1892 copy.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
The Man In Black

Post by The Man In Black »

Hello all. I'm still procrastinating on actually getting one, but I'm getting ready. I'm thinking about the Grey Laminate, Polished Stainless, 357 MAG https://rossiusa.com/rifles/lever-actio ... al-p-20-in

I never had a rifle with a picatinny rail. It seems to come with one. I don't want it, and assume I can remove it. The description says it has an adjustable ghost ring or buckhorn sight, but the picture does not show it. Do you get the option when you order it?

Thanks
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

The ghost ring sight is in the picture posted at the link you provided.

There is nothing about that rifle I like but to each his own.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Dave Nowlin

Post by Dave Nowlin »

My 325 grain LBT bullet loads will penetrate 12 inches of seasoned oak from a 5 inch Colt Anaconda. There is nothing in the lower 48 that isn't adequate for. The load I use came from John Linebaugh and he said it is safe in a Ruger Blackhawk Redhawk or Colt Anaconda. It will ruin an S&W as it will warp the crane. It is fine in the Rossi 92.
All my research seems to indicate that "Murphy's Law" is still in effect