Puma

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Swissshooter

Puma

Post by Swissshooter »

Hello everyone from Switzerland!
I am new to the forum because I recently bought a Rossi Puma in .44 Magnum (blued/regular barrel). I hope that I am not mistaken that it falls under the 92 category? I am new to lever guns, just owning a Super Blackhawk in the same caliber and reloading. Haven`t taken the rifle out to the range, yet. Today I gave it a thorough cleaning, getting this brownish gunk off it and greasing it a little bit.
Since I wanted to sweep the barrel from the chamber end, I decided to disassemble it. Which was a little cumbersome but eventually worked with the help of a fantastic video by "Target Suite" on YouTube.
Seems to cycle and fire with dummy rounds a lot smoother now than after the purchase.
Finally I wanted to take a look at the magazine tube. I unscrewed it and of course the spring and the cap shot forward into the room. Stupid, but no big deal. I was able to recover the screw, the spring and the cap. Put it back together.
My only concern is whether I maybe missed out on a little part that I wasn`t able to recover. Maybe a little washer or some plug or bushing to receive the spring on its front end?
Because the magazine spring is sitting "naked" on the flat surface of the plug. But I guess that´s the way it´s supposed to.
So in case You know otherwise, please let me know.

Have a good day,
Alex
Paratus

Re: Puma

Post by Paratus »

This schematic and parts list may help:

9x80Drilling

Re: Puma

Post by 9x80Drilling »

Welcome to the forum swissshooter. That's so many s's in one word!
Do you plan to hunt with your rifle? With appropriate handloads, your 92 will take any game in Europe.
Enjoy, and post often.