Removing R92 buttstock for transportation

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
vonfilm

Removing R92 buttstock for transportation

Post by vonfilm »

Has anyone taken off their R92’s butt stock off for transporting it in a compact case.
Any downsides for doing this?
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Removing R92 buttstock for transportation

Post by Arroyoshark »

Some do break down an R92 for compact transport by removing butt stock, and I've thought about it. Possible downsides might be loosening or stripping the threads in the lower tang for stock bolt, dinging up the screwdriver slot in stock bolt, losing stock bolt, dinging up the inletting of the butt-stock. Just need to assess those risks for yourself and decide how to go.
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

You might be interested in something like this. No tools needed to take the stock off. Not my cup of tea but I never need to take the stock off for carrying, but it might be the perfect take down option for you.

https://rangerpointstore.com/rossi-92-q ... wn-screws/
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

Wow ... a $40 screw !
Still, I can appreciate that this solution is a lot less than having a good gun smith make a proper take-down conversion with twist off barrel.
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith