Citadel Levtac 92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
sghart3578

Citadel Levtac 92

Post by sghart3578 »

Hello neighbors. I am looking at a Citadel Levtac 92 in 357 magnum for a camping gun.

Does anyone here have one?

I put this here in the 92 thread because I understand they are Rossi's built by CBC. If I am wrong I will delete the thread.

Thanks in advance.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Citadel Levtac 92

Post by Archer »

A coworker of mine took his Citadel out for the first time a few weeks ago on a range trip with me.
He stuck a red dot on it off one of his pistols before the trip. He had .38 SP only ammo with him.

The gun was smooth and operated fine. I'm not exactly sold on the 16" barrel but it wasn't bad.
I shot the gun at 50 yards and on a dare at 300. I didn't exactly 'come close' at 300 offhand but I think I surprised the owner. I should have taken out my 20" at the same time but I didn't want to burn .38/.357 that weekend as it's been almost impossible to get here unless you load it yourself. I've got about 70 rounds from the last time I loaded and don't know when I'll get to the loading bench again.
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

I have one, the only problem that I had with mine was the first time I put a sling on it the front sling stud came out of the handguard. Called Citadel and they wanted to replace the rifle because they did not have the part and it is permanently attached. I ended up buying a machine threaded sling swivel and used Red Loctite and never had another bit of trouble. Great rifle and very handy size. Love the 16" compact size and shorter LOP.
Clintwoodz

Post by Clintwoodz »

I bought Levtac92 in .357 recently and only put through 50 shots.

When I unboxed and took out of blue plastic bag, the gun was so filthy in brownish oil, I thought that I got a rusty gun. I'm not sure what cosmoline looks or smell like but they might have soaked it in cosmoline for packing, I took it apart and soaked each parts in ballistol, all the parts including cartridge guide, screws, etc all had brown stuff coming off it, even after all that cleaning some brown stuff keeps comes off onto my paper towel!

Anyway its all looks clean enough for me now anyway..

I had cut 5" of tube spring, 3" sticking out of end of tube and it loads much easier, also bought lighter ejector springs from local hardware store and shells eject nicely.

Overall the action seems very smooth and I had no malfunctions even though I had shot only 50 rounds.
dpowers92

Post by dpowers92 »

This is taken from my review earlier this year:
Logo
Rossi Rifleman
The Forum for the Rossi Enthusiast! This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content.

Skip to content

Search…

Advanced search
Board index ‹ The Firearms ‹ 92
Change font size
E-mail friend
Download as PDF
User Control Panel • 0 new messages • View your postsDonateContactFAQMembersLogout [ dpowers92 ]
"Vera" wife's Citadel 92
Post a reply

Search this topic…
1 post • Page 1 of 1
"Vera" wife's Citadel 92
Postby dpowers92 » 20 Feb 2022 16:45

Citadel Lev-Tec 92 is very light, accurate, and handy rifle that will feed all sorts of ammo with little to no issues.
Price point is more than fair for everything you get with this rifle.

Accuracy: At 100 yards using factory ammo; this gun is capable of 2 inch groups and 3" is common using a red dot sight . The pictures are of a day at the range with the wife.

Fit and Finish:
The finish is good enough for a working gun ( receiver easily scratches).
The buttstock to metal fit is excellent. ( Will try replacing the polymer buttstock with one from Boyds or one from an old Rossi)
The handguard is great ( use lock-tight for the two securing screws.)

Things I have changed.
Magazine Spring
Mag fallower
Ejector spring
Hammer Spring.
Did most of the modifications suggested on Steve's DVD
The front sling stud needed to be change out......issue that is common with other Levtec 92s.

Minor Issues:
Screws tend to loosen up under recoil
The rear sight (peep) tends to loosen out.

After removing the cartridge guides play around with their positioning so that the round feed through reliably.
The little pin that goes inside the carrier came out during firing and I had to make one out of a coat hanger. ( I had to guess on the dimensions here ) but it seems to be working.

Ammo that has been tried: Feed and Cycle well
Federal 158JSP 357 mag ( Most accurate)
Fiocchi Soft Point 357 Mag 158gr
Hornady American Gunner, .357 Magnum, XTP, 125 Grain
Blazer 357 mag Aluminum Case ( cycles and ejects without issue. Cheap fun ammo 25$/per box

Federal Hammer Down 170grain
Grizzley 357 MAGNUM 180gr WFNGC . This is a smoking hot round. I think this will be the go to hunting rounds.
Double Tap 180 grain
Armscor 158grain 38special
Streak 38 Special 125 Grain JHP Tracer ( Fun to shoot when it is getting dark)
Aguila Ammo, .38 Special, FMJ, 130 Grain
Fiocchi 38 Special 158gr FMJ
PPU 38 Special SWC HP 158GR
Federal 38 special 158 grain