Missouri Bullets in R92?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
dlidster

Re: Missouri Bullets in R92?

Post by dlidster »

robertb wrote:. . . Unfortunately, they are keyholing at 50 yards which tells me I need to go up in bullet diameter. . . . what diameter bullet is working for your 92 .44 mag?
I had identical keyholing with my .44 mag Browning B-92 with .430 Missouri bullets. I solved my problems with .432 bullets from Penn bullets. Sadly, Robert Palermo, owner of Penn bullets passed away last year and his wife is not carrying on with the business.

I have a pretty good personal supply but have not found another source for .432 bullets -- but I haven't looked hard. FWIW, I'm pleased with bullets in other calibers from MBC. I use their oversize (.311 instead of .308) bullets in my Marlin 336 30/30. I'll check to see if they'll considering doing the same for those of us with rifles with the SAAMI .44 mag specs.

Or, you could cast and size your own . . .
runfiverun
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by runfiverun »

try Dardas bullets.
Matt is a cast bullet shooter and is fully aware of certain rifles needing larger diameters than others.
dlidster

Post by dlidster »

Matt Dardas closed his business in 2018.
dlidster

Post by dlidster »

I posted what I'm posting here because it addresses questions regarding bullets appropriate for 92s with oversize (SAMMI .44 Magnun Rifle Spec) . . .

I received some great news from Missouri Bullet Company today. They will custom size .44 caliber bullets to .432" if you purchase a minimum of two boxes (2x500). When placing the order specify the .432" sizing in the "How Did You Hear About Us" field on the order form.

I'm certain I've said this in a previous post . . . My Browning B-92 shoots 240 gr TCFP bullets sized to .430" end over end. They're already keyholing at 25 yards. That bullet sized to .432" from Penn bullets performs beautifully and is quite accurate. Unfortunately, Bob Palermo, owner of Penn Bullets, passed away last year and his wife is not continuing the business. So, MBC saved the day.

Pricing is great, too. In May, 2018 I purchased 2,000 of the .432" bullets for $110/K, plus shipping. Today I purchased 1,000 from MBC for $106/K, plus shipping. No inflation, believe it or not!
dlidster

Post by dlidster »

Note: I originally posted this in the summer/fall of 2022 . . .

I posted what I'm posting here because it addresses questions regarding bullets appropriate for 92s with oversize (SAMMI .44 Magnun Rifle Spec) . . .

I received some great news from Missouri Bullet Company today. They will custom size .44 caliber bullets to .432" if you purchase a minimum of two boxes (2x500). When placing the order specify the .432" sizing in the "How Did You Hear About Us" field on the order form.

I'm certain I've said this in a previous post . . . My Browning B-92 shoots 240 gr TCFP bullets sized to .430" end over end. They're already keyholing at 25 yards. That bullet sized to .432" from Penn bullets performs beautifully and is quite accurate. Unfortunately, Bob Palermo, owner of Penn Bullets, passed away last year and his wife is not continuing the business. So, MBC saved the day.

Pricing is great, too. In May, 2018 I purchased 2,000 of the .432" bullets for $110/K, plus shipping. Today I purchased 1,000 from MBC for $106/K, plus shipping. No inflation, believe it or not!