Picked up my 92 yesterday

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Mr Bowcat

Picked up my 92 yesterday

Post by Mr Bowcat »

Morning all :)

I can finally call myself a Rossi Rifleman, picked up a 2nd hand .44 yesterday. The guy I bought it from is a member of my shooting club and has owned it from new. He bought it in 2009, although I don't know how long it sat on the shelf for before he bought it.

It is in near mint condition, there are a few minor stock dings and some rubbing on the right side around the loading gate.I'm guessing as it's stainless these would probably polish out. I'm going to leave it as is though as I think it adds character.

I was also pleased to discover that it already has a Skinner ring site, stainless mag follower and spring job and is very slick, so nothing needed to do to it other than develop a load. The previous owner always shot FMJ factory rounds, but I will be reloading, probably with lead bullets. Need to slug the bore to see what size I need.

So, here she is.

fayettefatts

Re: Picked up my 92 yesterday

Post by fayettefatts »

That's a beauty. Octagon barrel to boot! Nice find.
Mr Bowcat

Re: Picked up my 92 yesterday

Post by Mr Bowcat »

Cheers. :)

Yeah I'm happy with it and got a good deal on it. These start at £500 in the UK for a fairly worn example and go up to around £750. I only paid £550 for this one.