Spring Kit and 357 OAL

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
mehlo

Spring Kit and 357 OAL

Post by mehlo »

Hey guys,

I bought a .357 R92 back in 2020 but could shoot it a lot because ranges have been closed due to pandemic.

Took it to the range last week and found the Action a bit heavy and rough.

Back home I took it apart and gave the rough parts a light smoothing (Like bolt and locking bolts and the trigger unit.

The Action in general is silky-smooth now, trigger pull also, but the last part of the action is still stiff.

I think this is related to the ejector spring, so I think about swapping it out.

As I‘m happy with everything except that last bit, I would buy a spring kit, but only change the ejector spring and put the other Parts away.

Any other idea?
Last edited by mehlo on 01 Jul 2022 05:08, edited 1 time in total.
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Which Spring Kit?

Post by Gunny268 »

I have two 16" M92 models, one in .45 Colt the other a large loop .357 Mag. After disassembly and some serious cleaning, a little deburring and specific part polishing, I bought two Palo Verde kits and played around installing one part at a time on each gun. I ended up settling on swapping out only the ejector springs and hammer springs (with ultimately, certain little spacers on each end). Also, after shooting about 500 rounds through each for break in, these rifles certainly cycle smoothly with no hiccups. I also installed different, almost custom, sight setups that really makes both little rifles definite keepers.
Rossi 92s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

If it's just the last little bit of travel that's not smooth, try looking at the spring-loaded plunger that's located on the rear of the lever right where it meets the receiver. It's designed to help hold the lever in the fully closed position, but it tends to be sticky and hard to depress as it comes from the factory. A few folks here have removed that plunger and cleaned/smoothed/lubricated it with good success.
Deleted User 5177

Post by Deleted User 5177 »

I've replaced the ejector spring in my 92 with a Winchester Miroku spring from Numerich gun parts. It's been well worth the effort for me.
Last edited by Deleted User 5177 on 30 Jun 2022 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Willkommen!
mehlo

Post by mehlo »

Thanks guys, I will swap the ejector spring for sure.

@Nashville Stage, it is Part 57f you‘ve mentioned? https://www.waffen-ferkinghoff.com/engl ... -no.31-m92

I also think about getting these sights in the future: https://heinwerkbau.de/epages/3a7ce50b- ... oducts/106
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

I've found that cycling the action 1k times smooths it out pretty good, but it doesn't help with the ejector. I setup my table next to the bed of my truck and let the brass fly over my right shoulder and into the bed of my truck :)

I've read nothing but good stuff about Steve's Gunz.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

golfish wrote:I've read nothing but good stuff about Steve's Gunz.
You haven't been reading my posts then. The price for a DVD most of us don't need and a spring you can get elsewhere is silly. I bought a safety delete for my now gone .454 and it not only required me to file a new pin slot (instructions say this may be necessary) but it was pretty cheesy loosened itself despite no rounds fired.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

mehlo wrote:
@Nashville Stage, it is Part 57f you‘ve mentioned? https://www.waffen-ferkinghoff.com/engl ... -no.31-m92
Yep, that's the one.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

GasGuzzler wrote:
golfish wrote:I've read nothing but good stuff about Steve's Gunz.
You haven't been reading my posts then. The price for a DVD most of us don't need and a spring you can get elsewhere is silly. I bought a safety delete for my now gone .454 and it not only required me to file a new pin slot (instructions say this may be necessary) but it was pretty cheesy loosened itself despite no rounds fired.
Well, Mr. Guzzler, I personally agree with your assessment on getting DVD's ya don't really need. Besides, if one is working on a problem or modification to a firearm, it's amazing what both professional and amateur gunny smiths have posted at Youtube Univ. eh.
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith