Marbles Bullseye sight

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
fayettefatts

Marbles Bullseye sight

Post by fayettefatts »

Thinking of trying a Marbles Bullseye sight on my 92. It is offered in 2 lengths. Which length should I choose?
sandog

Re: Marbles Bullseye sight

Post by sandog »

Both lengths have the same elevator and elevation adjustment range (.338" to .535"), so it's whatever you like best as far as looks.
The short looks a bit stubby to me, but both do the same job.

You might need a taller front sight with the Bullseye rear.
Both (non Rossi) sights on my R92 were loose when installed, and I had to put a shim (slice of pop can) under the sights to tighten them up.

I like the Marbles front sights that have the 1/16" white bead. Not near as fat as the Rossi front blade (where most of the brass beads fall out anyway).
I bought a half dozen of the Marbles fronts in various heights so I can swap to the size I need without having to order another size and wait for it to arrive.
plaidad

Post by plaidad »

I went with the longer one. I figure it can't hurt to get the rear sight a little closer to my eyes. The Marbles sight was a good tight fit on my rifle. Unlike the Rossi front sight that almost walked out of the dovetail. I ended up with a .006" shim under it to keep it in place. I have not gone to a taller front sight so far, but I do use a 6:00 hold. The finer bead might be a good thing, but since I'm pushing 70 and have worn glasses since I was 11, I should probably give in and mount a scope. Not yet, though.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

It's a good choice. My old eyes really like these sights.
I use the longer version..regardless what rear sight I used. I always had to replace the front sights because my R92s always shot too high.

I did notice that the new CBC made guns were a little better. Adjust as low as I could go, they only shot about 3" too high at 50 yards. Better, but not great.
HiggyBaby

Post by HiggyBaby »

I have one. Works great!
GSB4243

Post by GSB4243 »

I too have one. It does work great. I went with the longer one, which looks more like the original buckhorn on the rifle. I also have purchased the green fiber optic front site, but I have not installed yet.