Guntalk Video

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Guntalk Video

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I haven't reviewed this, but thought I should post it pronto:

https://www.guntalk.com/video-post/ross ... 32e069dc71
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Guntalk Video

Post by Arroyoshark »

Yee - haw … !

https://youtu.be/8fMN8a3ZRUY

A “black” lever gun still seems incongruent to me, but guess whatever it takes to remain relevant.
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Sarge »

There's a standard blue 20" R92 in 44 Magnum at a shop about an hour and a half away. I've got a Mossberg 930 JM Pro I've never been able to really like and I might just have to do some trading on it. I don't have much faith in Rossi QC and I'd part one out before I sent it back to them, but I've always been able to get them to run and they shoot well when they do.

I looked at a tube-load Henry steel 44 mag awhile back and was happy to hand it back. Tack-tickle lever actions don't appeal to me much either.
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

My rossi 92 357 mag, it produces pregnant brass from where they opened up the chamber to allow for reliable feeding, about like a glock .
My 2016 92 in 44 mag, I can take fired cases, pick them up off the ground, and they drop right into my ruger SBH chambers no problem.
I gave the 44 a gun metal black cerakote, antiqued the wood.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

Trapper, you always display with great kit. THX for posting. I use a "trapper" 92 like yours but in .45 Colt. From photo, you have achieved the Winchester reddish walnut stock tone. Mine looks much more utilitarian than that. Drops brass right at your feet.
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

Arroyoshark wrote:Trapper, you always display with great kit. THX for posting. I use a "trapper" 92 like yours but in .45 Colt. From photo, you have achieved the Winchester reddish walnut stock tone. Mine looks much more utilitarian than that. Drops brass right at your feet.
Thank you Arroyoshark,
I cant remember how I did the stock, but I also reworked the cartridge stop on the lifter so it will take the original Keith 429421 in 44 mag cases.
I dont have a 45 colt lever, but may do so in the future.
If i take a trip very far from home i always take the saddlebags.
I keep in the bags basic items, 1 lb jerky,instant coffee,sawyer water filter,canteen,tin cup, first aid kit,rifle cleaning kit, fishing kit, fire kit,box of ammo, bed roll with 6x8 canvas,8x10 bushcraft tarp,two mylar sleeping bags,two mylar blankets,map,compass, etc.
I also just bought a ranger point precision butt stock take down screw.
works perfect,I can pull the stock, it shortens the rossi to 24".
I took a piece of canvas, cut out a piece of an old wool blanket,sewed them together, folded over on each end and made pockets about 6" deep on each end.
It rolls up with leather straps, about 25" long, looks like a small bed roll.
inside is the rossi,couple boxes of ammo and a ruger SBH with holster.
https://rangerpointstore.com/rossi-92-q ... wn-screws/
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

Wow, you are a real Boy Scout - Be Prepared ! That is excellent kit, combining traditional saddlebags and modern materials as mylar and bushcraft nylon tarp.

I like the .44 magnum. It worked for me as a hunting round well enough. The Rossi 92 opportunity presented to me only happened to be in .45 Colt, but unless ya just want a lever in that famous old round, I suspect you are suitably well served with the .44 mag lever loaded to various levels. In either case I like the calibers that deliver some thump.

I have not experienced any feeding issues using 255 gr. SWC .45 bullets through the R92, as long as I snap the lever more vigorously than is required of a Winchester.

I had not known of the Rangerpoint takedown screw.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Sarge wrote: I don't have much faith in Rossi QC and I'd part one out before I sent it back to them, but I've always been able to get them to run and they shoot well when they do.
I've got 2 left and I don't want to pawn them off on a fellow gun enthusiast so I'll keep em. They both shoot good and cycle good.

I was really hoping that CBC would clean things up but no, it's the same old thing.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

First remotely negative thing I've heard about CBC.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Sarge »

I haven't bought/traded for a new R92 for several years, so somebody please clue me in on 'CBC' and how it fits in the grand scheme Amadeo/Braztech/Taurus et al

Edited to add- I'll be PO'ed if a new 92 perch-bellies my 44 mag brass.