Laminate stock R92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Laminate stock R92

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I’ve lost track . . . Is Rossi manufacturing 92s in a US factory these days? If so, the switch to laminate might be cost driven. I didn’t look at the catalog . . . Is it 100% or an option?

My 92 has the typical banana wood stock with barely visible grain. Switching to laminate would be no great loss aesthetically. I’m not opposed to laminated stocks on rifles with a propensity for cracking. Never been an issue with 92s, as far as I know. As far as tradition, I think laminated stocks go back as far as WWII K98 Mausers and Arisakas. There is something to be said for the strength, stiffness and thermal stability of laminates. If I were running the factory, I’d certainly prefer the consistent quality of laminate.

And if I had purple cowboy boots, I could get a stock to match my boots.
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

Pink would be nice for both boots and stock.
Just couldnt wear them in the Hog Snort Trading post, just up the holler in the Cumberland hills.
+corn
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Mad Trapper wrote:Here are a few on gunbroker.
https://www.gunbroker.com/Guns-Firearms ... ageSize=96
GB is where I first saw em. I don't seem em on the Rossi USA site, but that doesn't mean they're not on there. That's always been a strange website.

People really liked those Marlins and they really like the Ruger Marlin. I just can't do laminate, it's like plastic to me. I'll do ARs and Glocks but everything else has to be solid wood for me.
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

golfish wrote:
Mad Trapper wrote:Here are a few on gunbroker.
https://www.gunbroker.com/Guns-Firearms ... ageSize=96
GB is where I first saw em. I don't seem em on the Rossi USA site, but that doesn't mean they're not on there. That's always been a strange website.

People really liked those Marlins and they really like the Ruger Marlin. I just can't do laminate, it's like plastic to me. I'll do ARs and Glocks but everything else has to be solid wood for me.
Same here golfish, it has to be walnut and blue steel.
I have a 2018 marlin 1895 CB, took it down, all was good, added a wild west trigger, stainless follower, beartooth saddle ring, lyman front globe, smith rear folding sight, then a MVA #107 Sharps Long Range tang sight.

Would like to see the 95CB from Ruger, but dont know if it would really be worth buying another.

This rifle made it out of the factory with no warning labels on the barrel.
No warning labels anywhere,
While I had it apart, checked all over the barrel, no warning stamping anywhere.
Yossarain

Post by Yossarain »

I have one of these guns. KYGUNCO had then for $788 cash/check price for a hot minute but I paid 900 locally. First brand new gun in a over a decade so I gave myself a pass.
Rossi has updated the catalog page with the new 2022 catalog of rifles but not their actual web page.
https://rossiusa.com/catalog

I haven't gotten out to a proper outdoor range yet ( just indoor 25 yards) to make sure it works. I love the peep but cant see the bead with my aging eyes. Will need to get a fiber optic or the like.

And hello, first post here!
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Welcome and thank you for the update
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Yossarain wrote:I have one of these guns. KYGUNCO had then for $788 cash/check price for a hot minute but I paid 900 locally. First brand new gun in a over a decade so I gave myself a pass.
Rossi has updated the catalog page with the new 2022 catalog of rifles but not their actual web page.
https://rossiusa.com/catalog

I haven't gotten out to a proper outdoor range yet ( just indoor 25 yards) to make sure it works. I love the peep but cant see the bead with my aging eyes. Will need to get a fiber optic or the like.

And hello, first post here!
Welcome to the part pal.....

Thanks for the post.
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Gunny268 »

Welcome to the group. So, what flavor is your caliber?