Loading Gate and Sights

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
zippy
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Loading Gate and Sights

Post by zippy »

RSTOCKER53 wrote: The loading gate was so stiff getting rounds to load was a workout. Some rounds would go in, Some would hang up.
Welcome to the forum.
That super stiff loading gate is unfortunately the norm. The DVD of tweaks by Rossi 92 expert Steve's Gunz, shows his fix, which is what I did to fix the gate on my 92.
Remove the gate with it's attached flat spring. reshape the flat spring by narrowing it's width in the middle, so that it begins to resemble an hourglass. I used a Dremel to narrow it by about 20 percent in the middle. Worked beautifully to smooth out the feeding.
Good luck.
cavelamb

Post by cavelamb »

golfish wrote:All 5 of mine shot high but the CBC guns were better. I use Bullseye rear sights and a taller fiber optic front..

The 92 action is a beast to take down. If your up for that you can get to the loading gate and cut a notch in the spring. It makes it a lot nicer to load. You can also cut 2-5 inches off of the mag tube spring.

Not at all, goldfish.
But you need more manual dexterity than fins provide.

I did mine,
Fixed the cartridge gate, "exercised" the loading gate spring and smoothed the edges,
shortened the magazine spring, and took a coil off of the extractor spring.

Play (k) 0:00 / 4:54 Rossi M92,take apart and put back together in 4.30 minutes.

Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Gunny268 »

I would add that if you desire to shorten your mag tube spring, be very cautious. I have 16" SRC(s) and they do function better with a shorter spring. If yours is 20" or longer, I would recommend that you change the mag tube follower from plastic to a metal one and THEN DETERMINE IF SHORTENING THE MAG TUBE SPRING IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.
Just my 2 cents worth.