Used 92 44 prices??

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Used 92 44 prices??

Post by HarryAlonzo »

With all of the good options we’ve offered up, you still don’t need another 7.62 x 51? If you consolidate, what are you going to do with the money you make from unloading your 45 Colts?

I asked the experts on the Savage forum. Savage stopped making Model 99 takedowns around 1940, so none to be had in 308.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Archer wrote:My vote for a NATO caliber lever would go for a Browning BLR in .308. Mine came with the scope mount in the box and you can get additional mags pretty easy.
(The Henry is probably easier to find.)

And because GG started the NATO comments I'll mention the BLR was also produced in stainless with a laminated stock as well as blued.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/926966676

https://www.gunbroker.com/Guns-Firearms ... ageSize=96
I kick myself for not buying the BLR. Instead I purchased a Henry Long Ranger (.308) All of my .357 lever guns out shoots this Henry. I have one more range trip, if it shoots the way it has been I'm gonna have to send it back to them. Plus the trigger pull is out of spec for this gun.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I know several folks who have had good service from Henry on the traditional lever actions.
The Lone Ranger guns are simply too new for me to have any real knowledge on how they are holding up or how Henry is supporting them. The Browning is a nice piece and it is well thought out in terms of the safety, the takedown mechanism and the mag release. My one complaint might be that I think the takedown lever may be a bit exposed when the gun is disassembled.