R92 Saddle Ring

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
ManxTom

R92 Saddle Ring

Post by ManxTom »

Am I right to presume that the 'non-gunsmithing' R92 saddle ring does, literally, replace the hammer screw. I don't have to remove anything else to install the saddle ring??

The saddle ring is, as I type, on its way from Beartooth Mercantile via USPS so I won't get it until next week but I'm also carrying a carpal tunnel injury right now and my hand is all strapped up and will be for another two weeks. I don't fancy attempting any 'smithing 'work' with one hand out of action. If it's just a removal and replacement of the hammer screw I guess I can manage that..

What say you guys??
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: R92 Saddle Ring

Post by Archer »

ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

OK, cheers. I think, even given my more or less one-handed situation at the moment, I can manage that simple install.

Of course this is purely cosmetic. Hunting anything with a .357 over here just don't happen. Maybe in the UK where they have foxes, but not here. The largest legal 'game' animal would be mountain hare. However we do have a 'herd' of wallabies around the place. Some escaped from a wildlife park 25 years ago and have established a small colony. But they are totally, absolutely, unequivocally off the 'stuff to shoot' list..!!

Many years ago I had a German made .410 shotgun that had a rifled barrel. Friend of mine used to make up .410 solid slug cartridges and we used them, to great effect, on foxes.
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

ManxTom wrote:
Many years ago I had a German made .410 shotgun that had a rifled barrel. Friend of mine used to make up .410 solid slug cartridges and we used them, to great effect, on foxes.
I think I have more fun shooting 12ga rifle slugs then I do shooting my lever guns, maybe even more funs then my ARs.

We'll setup some AR500 targets (15"× 15") at 50, 75 and 100 yards. There's nothing like hitting one of these with a 12ga slug. I can feel it through my bones.
Last edited by golfish on 06 Nov 2021 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Dupe post
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

at 50 yards, how much damage does that slug do to the plate?

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

ManxTom wrote:....a 'herd' of wallabies around the place. Some escaped from a wildlife park 25 years ago and have established a small colony. But they are totally, absolutely, unequivocally off the 'stuff to shoot' list..!!
Wow. Here in FL if its a non-native, or non-migratory species, or non-game its "open season" year round. To wit - my personal war against iguana, python, coyote, and feral pigs.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

mr surveyor wrote:at 50 yards, how much damage does that slug do to the plate?

jd
None at all.