GOT 'EM..

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
ManxTom

GOT 'EM..

Post by ManxTom »

The ladder sights I ordered from Skinner Sights arrived this morning. Excellent service considering I placed the order on the 13th October.

They are certainly well made, there is plenty of weight in them. And the fitted the dovetail on my R92 perfectly without having to resort to removing any metal from them.

I know I have mentioned that my club only has 25m and 50m ranges but there is a guy who organising a range that will go out to 300m. That will be a test for the ladder sights. Anyway, I think they look really cool.
DSC_5879A.JPG
DSC_5880B.JPG
DSC_5881C.JPG
+guns +guns +guns
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: GOT 'EM..

Post by Sarge »

That is great! I somehow missed that Skinner even sold ladder sights.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Sarge wrote:That is great! I somehow missed that Skinner even sold ladder sights.
These are very well made. And you have the benefit of them not having a pre-marked range scale on them. You set them up and decide your own distances and mark accordingly. Saves a lot of messing about.

I'd certainly give Skinner Sights ten out of ten. These sights came all the way from Montana to Great Britain in 12 days..!!
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Skinner makes some great stuff.
I wouldn't put one on a pistol caliber lever gun but it does look good. I'd use this one over their peep sights. My old eyes just doesn't like those peep sights.

If I ever get my Henry Long Ranger straightened out I might put one of those sight on it.

Let's us know how it shoots with the new sight.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Skinner sights are works of art. I have one of the express sights on my Marlin 1895 45/70. Superb is the only thing I can add.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Very handsome sights indeed!
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Reese-Mo wrote:Very handsome sights indeed!
Thank you. Skinners certainly give you your money's worth. Excellent quality. :D
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

The circular bit on the ladder is to keep the sight from slipping off?
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Reese-Mo wrote:The circular bit on the ladder is to keep the sight from slipping off?
Yes indeed. There's a tiny white 'ball' inside that affords the grip against the frame of the ladder when the sight bar is adjusted. There is also a very tiny grub screw, top right of sight ladder, which stops the horizontal bar sliding off completely. Well thought out, well engineered bit of kit.
dlidster

Post by dlidster »

ManxTom wrote:
Reese-Mo wrote:The circular bit on the ladder is to keep the sight from slipping off?
. . . There is also a very tiny grub screw, top right of sight ladder, which stops the horizontal bar sliding off completely . . .
Just a word of caution. Don't ever remove that grub screw and slide the horizontal bar off the "ladder." If you do you'll release an almost-microscopic ball bearing and an equally tiny spring into never never land.

My .44/40 Cimarron 1892 (made by Chiappa) has an almost identical ladder sight. When I bought it (used) those tiny parts were missing. It turned out that Chiappa has wonderful customer service. I ordered the grub screw, ball bearing, spring, and horizontal bar over the phone and received the parts in less than two weeks. Total cost was less than $20.00.

I love the sight. I can smack soccer ball-size rocks out to about 300 yards pretty regularly occasionally (it has happened) with this sight/rifle combo. It's sort of like launching a mortar or using artillery when shooting big, heavy lead bullets. Good, clean fun.