R92 WITH TAURUS SAFETY SYSTEM..

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: R92 WITH TAURUS SAFETY SYSTEM..

Post by Archer »

So trying the security hex bits it IS possible to engage and disengage the lock. It can be a bit of a pain however as the Chinese don't tend to get the hole for the security feature centered so matching the right bit can be problematic. IF you had or could get a quality manufactured security hex bit that would make it easier.

IF/WHEN I get around to tearing down my R92s I may consider having a gander at the hammer while it is out of the gun and maybe introducing some locktite into the storage locking mechanism to encourage it to remain hard down.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Glad I began this thread. It's amazing and hugely informative what you learn. Thank you chaps, one and all.
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Glad I've never had one with that crap on it and never will.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

GasGuzzler wrote:Glad I've never had one with that crap on it and never will.
Its actually a pretty good lockout ... a couple days ago was the first time I ever inserted the key and actually used it. Otherwise, you never know it's there.