Rossi 92 M-LOK Aluminum Handguard

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
jennifersmith2521

Rossi 92 M-LOK Aluminum Handguard

Post by jennifersmith2521 »

Hey,

Does anyone know how Rossi 92 M-LOK works? I purchased from Ranger Point Precision and need a little guidance from your side.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Rossi 92 M-LOK Aluminum Handguard

Post by Reese-Mo »

Hey,

After shelling out nearly 200 clams for something that I was clueless about, I'd contact the seller.... possibly for a refund!
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Interesting accessory! I see that the RPP website graciously offers installation instructions . . . For the trigger, not the handguard. Yeah, I’d be calling RPP.
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Sarge »

The M-lok forend apparently comes with a special R92 rear barrel band, which serves as a mounting platform to attach it to the rifle. Since the M-LOK replaces the OEM forend, you'll have to remove both barrel bands and the forend. I would expect it to be pretty straight-forward after that.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

HarryAlonzo wrote:Interesting accessory! I see that the RPP website graciously offers installation instructions . . . For the trigger, not the handguard. Yeah, I’d be calling RPP.
At the very least somebody needs to inform them that their installation instructions point to the trigger installation...

As for installing the handguard they claim it ought to take about 5 minutes.

It appears that they decided the tolerances on Rossi guns over the course of about 50 odd years were broad enough that they machined it thin at the rear and added some rubber wedges there. It mentions using the "RPP barrel band and screws" as mounting hardware so I'd assume they included that for the front end since they don't seem to sell those separately.

IF you get instructions from them you might post them on this thread.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

So my guess based on looking at some vids is you have to remove the old handguard.
That probably means taking off the mag tube and barrel bands.

Replace the middle barrel band with the RPP barrel band.
The rear of the handguard installs under the flange of the front of the receiver. Probably a separate hanger part, might be preinstalled as part of the handguard. Uses rubber bumpers/shims to tighten up the fit that are probably integral to the hanger.
The front of the handguard screws into the sides of the barrel band.

I'm guessing you have to finagle the mag tube into place before the replacement barrel band at the front of the handguard is secured.

Marlin 1895 installation:

Henry installation:

Midwest vs. RPP: (Not enough details.)
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Y'all did better than me. I don't understand the question.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.