A Thing of Beauty..

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: A Thing of Beauty..

Post by Archer »

golfish wrote:
Reese-Mo wrote:The only cure is ......

..... another Rossi!
I've found that alternating 1911s and leverguns worked for for me.
Mine has almost gotten to: a Levergun, a 1911, a .22 LR, a military rifle or AR, a revolver, a pistol other than 1911 and repeat...

I sort of want a full sized 9mm 1911 but ended up getting the pair of EMPs instead. A wide body 10mm wouldn't be bad either.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Archer wrote:
golfish wrote:
Reese-Mo wrote:The only cure is ......

..... another Rossi!
I've found that alternating 1911s and leverguns worked for for me.
Mine has almost gotten to: a Levergun, a 1911, a .22 LR, a military rifle or AR, a revolver, a pistol other than 1911 and repeat...

I sort of want a full sized 9mm 1911 but ended up getting the pair of EMPs instead. A wide body 10mm wouldn't be bad either.
OK then.. my military rifle - Lee-Enfield No4 Mk1, .303. Made in 1941 with original serial numbers throughout. Great out to 800 yards..
LE(M)-Small.jpg
Revolver.. Taurus M669
Taurus-Small.JPG
Glock 44. Gorgeous fun .22LR
G44-Small.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Reese-Mo wrote:Another beaut. If only it were .45.....

Philip Marlowe, John Dillinger, Mike Hammer, Sam Spade, Alvin York and Marv cant all be wrong.... ;)
As some said "old, fat and slow gets the job done" :D

Make smoke
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

ManxTom wrote: OK then.. my military rifle - Lee-Enfield No4 Mk1, .303. Made in 1941 with original serial numbers throughout. Great out to 800 yards..
LE(M)-Small.jpg
Yikes that brought back some memories Tom. I had one of those until my ex got everything. I think, or seem to remember, that mine was an immediately post-war, number matching production from BSA, with discrete "importation" marks under the last inch of barrel.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

A good one now will cost a lot of money. Even worse is the price of an original No32 scope. The last one I saw was listed at $2100..!!! And there are a lot of fakes out there too..

** The scope on mine was the nearest I had to a x4 scope, it is a Whitetail Classic and was fixed at x4 power like the No32 scope.
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

$2100.... I just got another dose of reality.:(
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Sarge »

In the early 80s I had two jungle carbines, both in good condition and one with a B Square mount and 1-5 Bushnell (?) scope. They were fairly common then and the only ammo available locally was Remington 18o grain soft point. Both had the issue Petrified Rubber recoil pad, which might as well have been made from an old horseshoe. The iron sighted one shot a tad better. maybe three shots in a baseball size group at 100 yards. I swapped them both for a S&W pre-27 with the checkered top strap and J Edgar Hoover approved 3 1/2" barrel.

Those were the days.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Jungle Carbine + WZ. Wandering Zero. They all had them to one degree or another. Mate of mine had one and he could only shoot 2" groups at 100m with the bayonet attached..!!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

A friend of mine picked up a basic no frills SMLE back around 1992 or so when they were importing them by the job lot. Paid $80 for it. Got a spare stock for it and free floated it by cutting the spare just ahead of the front receiver screw and removing the handguards and barrel bands.

A couple three years ago a similar Enfield showed up at a friend's shop running $6 or $7 bills.
I was more into the U.S. types and never got around to getting a .303. Sort of wish I'd bought into a P14.

I did get a Winchester manufactured 1917 eventually.

Not a bad looking Taurus.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Picked up a numbers matching Enfield at an open air trade days for very cheap right as the craze started. Cleaned it up and resold it for 3X.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.