A Thing of Beauty..

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
ManxTom

A Thing of Beauty..

Post by ManxTom »

Is a joy forever..
Rossi 1 small.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: A Thing of Beauty..

Post by Reese-Mo »

Way to go!
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

You know when the immediate novelty wears off a bit, you get to look in a more circumspect way at the rifle. Some I've seen with very light woodwork, some with quite dark woodwork. If I'd had the choice of 'colour' for my woodwork I couldn't have chosen anything as good as it has already got. It's stunning. Such a warm coulour to it, and I don't think the photo detracts from that at all.
I removed the butt stock last night, just to have a closer look inside and I found not one bit of grit or dirt. Everything was clean and consistently oiled. I think someone has attempted to smooth the locking bars, but they have only done the outside from what I can see.
Six days on since I picked it up and I'm still grinning..!!
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Oh my! You've got it bad.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

The only cure is ......

..... another Rossi!
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Reese-Mo wrote:The only cure is ......

..... another Rossi!
I've found that alternating 1911s and leverguns worked for for me.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

And I have a 1911 too.. actually it's a Ruger SR1911 Lightweight Commander, 9mm. Shoots like a dream..
Eagle 4-resize Small.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Another beaut. If only it were .45.....

Philip Marlowe, John Dillinger, Mike Hammer, Sam Spade, Alvin York and Marv cant all be wrong.... ;)
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Reese-Mo wrote:Another beaut. If only it were .45.....

Philip Marlowe, John Dillinger, Mike Hammer, Sam Spade, Alvin York and Marv cant all be wrong.... ;)
Indeed, Sir, I totally agree. However, 9mm is much kinder to my 70 year old wrists and .45 ammo is significantly more expensive than 9mm.

Consider that there is only one shooting club on our Island where you can shoot pistols. We have some 200 members. Everything we 'consume' has to be shipped in, adding to the cost at point of sale. I don't reload for pistol calibre ammo, it's only marginally cheaper than buying factory loads. I used to reload for my rifles but as there is nothing longer than our 25m and 50m range it was stupid keeping hold of them, so I sold them on. .308 was, without doubt, my favourite calibre but I also shot .243 for small deer. And that rifle was a Ruger M77 with the original tang mounted safety. The first photo is my custom Rem 700, built for 1200m and more (I've actually shot that to 1 mile). Second photo is a Parker-Hale Scout, my go to deer rifle. That little gun put a lot of meat on the table over the years..
208178_1021442417276_9424_n[1].jpg
Scout1.jpg
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Reese-Mo wrote:Another beaut. If only it were .45.....

You forgot Tiger Mann and Dogeron Kelly.