GOT IT.. AT LAST..!!

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: GOT IT.. AT LAST..!!

Post by Reese-Mo »

Congrats old bean!

The loading gate tells the tale. That rifle wasn't shot much at all. I think the 1000 rounds number was chosen from the dartboard on a pub, on tuppence night!
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

What ho old chap.. happy to report that everything is ticketey-boo with this rifle. Looking forward to a couple of well earned snifters after Wednesday's visit to the range. Toodle pip old thing.
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Very nice. I would have to do something about the TAURUSbillboard.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Indeed.. it does show up rather loud and proud..!!

Bit of really good news is that I've actually managed to order an item from a US website..!! It seems that Skinners are happy to ship stuff to GB so I have ordered a set of their ladder sights - the type found on the late models of the Winchester '92. Following a few emails, to check on the mechanics etc., Skinners have informed me that there should be no problem using the ladder sights over short ranges, ie 25-50m, and of course they will be perfect for longer ranges, when our club gets around to building them.

So I am one extremely happy bunny. Off to the range tomorrow to try it out. Can't wait..!!
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Ladder sights must be allowed, since they're for ladders, not arms.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Exactly..!! I've just noticed that my Rossi (Taurus) has the Taurus Safety System thing mounted on the base of the hammer. Well I didn't get the necessary 'implement' to engage/disengage it with so I'll just ignore it..
Just as a matter of interest, the GB proof marks are for the period between 2009 - 2016. Can anyone shed any light on when the Taurus Safety System was added to these rifles??
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

I find it a bit odd that there are two safeties on the rifle. But, perhaps there were two lawyers. Or one had a boat payment due.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Reese-Mo wrote:I find it a bit odd that there are two safeties on the rifle. But, perhaps there were two lawyers. Or one had a boat payment due.
TWO safeties...?? My newly acquired Rossi appears to have THREE..!!! 1. Half-cock. 2. Teeny flag switch, top mounted. 3. Taurus Safety System - set in the bottom rear of hammer..!!

There is, actually, one more It's called a 'finger'; keep it away from triggers and nothing untoward will happen.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

I've always considered half-cock for what it is: Insurance against thumb slippage. The Colt Government Model and its derivatives, the High Power, the Colt single actions (and their derivatives), and our 1892 pattern rifles, all have a half cock. Not used as safety, but to catch that hammer from making things get too lively should one's thumb suddenly become as slippery as greased owl snot.

But I suppose, there are some that do call it a safety "mechanism" or part of the intrinsic set of safety features, and therefore it is so enumerated, and I shall respect your thoughts on that matter.

I was merely implying that the bolt safety, and the Taurus do-hicky, seem redundant. Actually, even one of those seems redundant, unnecessary, and a problem waiting for the right opportunity to become disaster.