LAUGH? I COULD HAVE CRIED..!!!

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: LAUGH? I COULD HAVE CRIED..!!!

Post by Archer »

Reese-Mo wrote:I miss toasters that actually toast bread the first time.

Or being able to buy a gallon of gas AND 10 pieces of Bazooka gum..... for a quarter.
THAT was likely before my time, but I do recall learning how to pump gas and that tax was included somewhere between .34 and 54 cents a gallon or so (With NO bubble gum thrown in.) Today it is probably illegal for someone as young as I was at the time to pump gas in the U.S..
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I only buy private. No need to pay unfair sales taxes or illegitimate license fees.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

If it’s allowed. It wasn’t in Washington State when I left. All firearm sales had to go through an FFL. Not the reason I left, but I sure didn’t like the direction the state was headed. Arizona is about as firearm friendly as they come.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

No unregistered transfers allowed in CA and unless you are a current duty LEO the waiting period applies.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Well the sale is all done and dusted. The R92 will be collected tomorrow and I should get it Friday. My wife, who's bought this rifle as my 70th birth present, informed me that when she spoke to the guy, to pay for it, he informed her the price included transfer and shipping costs..!! I didn't realise that.
So I called my local gun shop to where it's being sent, to let him know it was on the way, and I asked him what his handling charge would be, it's usually around $40.00, "Oh don't worry, I'll do it for free. Just keep buying your ammo from us.."..!!!!!

Win, win I think. Now I need to go and take another patience pill.. Oh I hate waiting..!! :cry: ;)
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Patience is a virtue.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Archer wrote:No unregistered transfers allowed in CA and unless you are a current duty LEO the waiting period applies.
Not to mention the handgun roster. I really dislike this state.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Archer wrote:
Reese-Mo wrote:I miss toasters that actually toast bread the first time.

Or being able to buy a gallon of gas AND 10 pieces of Bazooka gum..... for a quarter.
THAT was likely before my time, but I do recall learning how to pump gas and that tax was included somewhere between .34 and 54 cents a gallon or so (With NO bubble gum thrown in.) Today it is probably illegal for someone as young as I was at the time to pump gas in the U.S..
About '63. Back then it was it illegal to pump your own gas in NY. The service attendance had to do it for you. I was smart enough to grab the bubble gum first then tell him I wanted the rest in gasoline.

Remember how Bazooka gum came with the split down the middle? Dad would have me split them in half and remind me that gum had to last me all summer! It was my payment for cutting the grass every week!
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

Reese-Mo wrote: Back then it was it illegal to pump your own gas in NY. The service attendance had to do it for you.
Oregon & New Jersey *still* have those moronic laws on the books...