Triple Black YouTube

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Triple Black YouTube

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Enjoy!

Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Triple Black YouTube

Post by Archer »

Good to see somebody's managed to put a Boyd's laminate on one.

IF you are going to list the specs barrel length seems to be one you'd want to include.
From the 8 rounds and the double hand span length we all know it's a 16" but that seems pretty fundamental to have left it out.

I need some more range time.
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

Liked the video.
I have a Citadel (Rossi or should I say CBC made) .357 works and shoots great. Even a lttle more tacticool than the Rossi.

Thanks for sharing the video it was fun to watch.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

No thanks.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Archer wrote:Good to see somebody's managed to put a Boyd's laminate on one.
Yes, indeed. I installed a Boyd’s laminated buttstock on a Savage 99, and it required hours of fitting. If you can convince a Gunsmith to do it, as this guy suggested, you’d better bring lots of money.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I have two Faijen stocks on my guns one that was gunsmith bedded to a M1 Garand and one that was a near drop in replacement for a M1A. I think Midway bought out Faijen and then a year or two later sold them off to Boyd's where the price increased by several times.

I haven't actually fit a Boyd's to anything I'm running currently. I've thought about putting one on a Howa action or one of the modern Savages Bolt actions. Reviews I've read don't indicate those would be particularly difficult although I gather fitting the magazine on the Savage, possibly adding/changing pillar bedding or changing out the internal magazine for detachable on the Howa can be problematic. Not particularly a Boyd's thing with respect to the 'bottom metal' swap for the Howa but simply a quality of the magazine and supporting parts thing.

Were the problems you ran into with the 99 related to the variations between the models/production changes on those guns? I seem to recall they put out two or three major issues/types for those guns.

I think I'd want to do the swap myself unless I was metal epoxy bedding the action and maybe even then. It shouldn't be too involved even if it takes a bit of time and effort.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

GasGuzzler wrote:No thanks.
Yeah, we all know you prefer the flat black bed liner spray coat to the stabilized plywood laminate with color choices. :lol:
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Archer wrote:Were the problems you ran into with the 99 related to the variations between the models/production changes on those guns? I seem to recall they put out two or three major issues/types for those guns.
I don’t believe so. 99’s had several variations of the forestock, but not so much the buttstock, particularly at the receiver interface. I think Boyd’s just makes them at maximum material condition to avoid having to maintain close tolerances. That was my only experience with Boyd’s. I can’t speak to any bolt action stocks.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Archer wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:No thanks.
Yeah, we all know you prefer the flat black bed liner spray coat to the stabilized plywood laminate with color choices. :lol:
There is no attribute of a triple black that is appealing to me and changing the bedliner stock to a clown car stock doesn't help or hurt. :lol:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Gunny268 »

I gotta go with GG on this one. Now, I'll shut up...