First Shots With My New R92 .45 Colt

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
plaidad

First Shots With My New R92 .45 Colt

Post by plaidad »

I decided that I need a .45 R92 to go with my .357, so I picked up a 20" about two weeks ago. Since I don't own any .45 Colt chambered guns, I had to get brass, bullets, and dies. I got the last of my supplies in yesterday, and loaded some 250gr coated RNFP Kimberlin Creek bullets over 9.0 grains of CFE Pistol. I went to the range this morning. The hot spell we had finally broke yesterday, and it was 59 F this morning. The public range I shoot at is in a creek bottom, and the fog was so thick that I couldn't see the 100 yard target stand, and just barely made out the 50 yard. I set up at the 25 yard stand and fired 5 rounds a the first target. The sights are dead-on, and my 5 shot group had 3 shots touching. The total group size was less than 2 inches. I repeated this same performance 3 more times. That was all the ammunition I had made up, since I didn't know how this load would work out. I'm stoked! The rifle worked perfectly and definitely shot to point of aim. I'll try to get back to the range this week to try at 50 and 100.
Nashville Stage

Re: First Shots With My New R92 .45 Colt

Post by Nashville Stage »

That's great! Always nice when that happens.
plaidad

Post by plaidad »

Thanks, Nashville. I got back to the range yesterday, but I only got 25 rounds downrange before the horseflies ran me off. They are terrible this year! Accuracy looks like it is good at 50 yards, other than my horsefly flinch.
Headhog

Post by Headhog »

Nice and glad it performed well for you. I'm looking for a Rossi R92 in 45 Colt, but I want a 16". I already own a Henry BBS and Rossi R92 20" in 357 Mag. Plus a Marlin 1894 20" in 45 Colt. Just want to add something new.

Paul