Vitha Vouri Powder

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Hydraglide

Vitha Vouri Powder

Post by Hydraglide »

Does anyone use this powder ? If so any suggestions for loading in 44mag. Light load up to heaviest. I've looked on the VV reloading app, and the website but I'm either being thick or just not processing the data. The powder I have is N32c and from what I'm seeing is in 44 it's 7.7 grains light up to 9.3.
What I'm asking is does anyone here use this powder and what weight do you load to.
Mainly 44 but I'd like info on 357 as well.
Many thanks.
Chris
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Vitha Vouri Powder

Post by Archer »

I have never really find vhit to be readily available when I was in a mood to try it.
I have a leftover unopened 2lb bottle of the stuff that I think is appropriate for magnum rifle or some other narrow application that was given to me that i may eventually use or get rid of.

Vhit used to publish a reloading pamphlet and they published a reloading manual.
As i recall the manual got republished quickly to a second edition because the load data was truly start low and work up slowly. Start loads were somewhat too low for semi functioning and top loads might have been warm, too warm for those guys who insist on loading their start loads using the max charges listed.

I think several of the manuals now include vhit loads including Hornady and Lyman but I don't know what if any suggestions they have for 44 or 357 right now.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Might pose the question on the sister site to this one ---> CLICK HERE
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I'm guessing given the site and you're in the UK we're talking rifle loads. The Speer manual #15 lists N110 as the only Vit powder for 44 mag rifle loads. Nosler #9 list 3N37 but only for a 300 grain. Hornady #11 lists N-110 and N-105 for some of their bullets.

That's all I found in the current manuals. All powders are sort of scarce right now and I haven't seen any Vit powders here in SW Ohio in well over a year.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Hydraglide

Post by Hydraglide »

Thanks for all your replies guys, I find it strange VV seems to give vague info. I normally use Titegroup but when I bought this it was all they had. Gun shops are few and far between here.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

So I went and pulled my Viht pamphlet and looked up the Viht website for info.
The pamphlet I have and the 'reloading manual' PDF download from the website neither have N32c listed for the .44 Mag. Here's the link for the PDF info:
https://www.vihtavuori.com/wp-content/u ... SA_www.pdf

The Vhit website does however list N32c for ONE bullet.
https://www.vihtavuori.com/reloading-da ... rtridge=47
Bullet 17,3 g / 267 gr , LSWC C.O.L. 40,5 mm / 1.681 inch
Powder Starting load Maximum load
Type Weight Velocity Weight Velocity
[g] [grs] [m/s] [fps] [g] [grs] [m/s] [fps]
N32C 0,50 7.7 271 889 0,60* 9.3* 301 988

Further I note that N32c is not your typical magnum pistol powder:
https://www.vihtavuori.com/powder/n32c-tin-star/

The text of which explains 'tin star' powder is specifically designed for load density in Cowboy Action loads.
Cowboy loads are generally noted for being 'powder puff' power level although YMMV concerning the actual listed load.

So the data is limited to a 267 grain Lead Semi Wad Cutter at velocities between 890 and 990 FPS.
IF you are looking to split the velocity somewhere in the middle then you can approximate by picking a velocity (or powder charge) and interpolating.

P.S. I did space that data out a bit but apparently the editor is deleting the tabs that were in the source document and potentially even dumping spaces.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

If it's like Trail Boss at all there is no danger of harm since it's so fluffy you can't over-charge.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

just don't compress it?

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!