454 casull in stock!

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
stevep1954

454 casull in stock!

Post by stevep1954 »

20" stainless in stock at kentucky gun co
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 454 casull in stock!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Out of stock this morning.
Michael
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Here's one for ya.... I've scoured Bud's at all hours, noticing that "Bud's never sleeps". I've also noticed that they were apt to list Rossi rifles at odd hours, like 3am or 4am. TWICE I have set my alarm, checked on my phone at 4am, gotten out of bed, gone to desktop PC and ordered in stock rifles, only have them "disappear" from the cart while I was paying. Basically, bought out from under me. And I've watched the rifles one by one go to "out of stock" over a 15 minute cup of coffee at 4:15am. From that, I conclude there must be someone willing to pay Bud's price (not wholesale) for Rossi rifles, most likely to supply reworked rifles to the CAS trade. Maybe a stretch of connecting the dots, but its too uncanny to have watched stock disappear incrementally, twice.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I don't know what controls Buds may have put in place with regards to quantity buys or multiple purchases over a short period of time.

I know at one point Buds was listing NEW stock at somewhat increased prices. If items are in any demand they may be reserve them to 'Team Buds members' for several days or a week. Those prices might decrease over a rather short period of time IF the items remain in stock.

The last time we had major panic buying back when Obama was in office many distributors had to implement additional controls because many shops were placing orders for tens and hundreds of weapons they had never sold ANY of historically. For several of those years my friend's shop was able to get stock from certain distributors because they had a history of moving weapons from those distributors and a history of selling a certain volume. Until those controls were installed the entire industry was screwed up and it never really straightened out very well.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Buds usually list "high" prices on Thurs or Fri, and if it doesn't sell by Sunday nite, the price goes lows sometime from early evening to late night. If its there Monday, the price is more in line. Yah, I've watch'd 'em for a bit.

Industry deals are rampant. When I was in business, I could get, say... a $1500 in Ruger _if_ and only if, I placed an order for $5000 of leather. That was good ol' Ellett Brothers for ya. Others had "deals" if you bought their police trade in (aka JG Sales). It was always hit'n miss, even back in the 80's. Much worse now I'm sure.

Just know that online retailers play games, they're out to make the biggest buck they can.

Another one - 1873 Cimarron in 32-20 is about $1050 from one retailer, but same retailer, same rifle, except .45 Colt is $1499, and $1799 for 38/357. They all play games of one sort or another.
stevep1954

Post by stevep1954 »

My new 454 showed up. the first new rossi i have had. the feed ramp has a double notch in it. today it feed all the 454 and 45's i could afford. they all fed fine. the ejected brass fell at my feet, that has to be a new type spring.

i have not taken it apart but i have taken the stock off and put a 1/2 can of brake cleaner thru it. the stuff that was on it was like a heavy oil instead of the black stuff. it shot real nice and was right on target. i had forgotten what a push that 454 gives you.

all said i think the new ones are very nice. also includes sling studs
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I found a .454 Rossi I'm picking up Saturday for less than a new one...less than half of what the originals are selling for on GB. No, I wasn't looking for a .454 (wanted a .45), but when a blued PUMA .454 came up locally, I jumped on it. Seller disclosed a scratch on the stock so I have no worries whether to refinish it or not. Kinda have to.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.