Good Scout Scope for R92? [w/ Illuminated Reticle]

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Good Scout Scope for R92? [w/ Illuminated Reticle]

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Archer wrote: Camo would probably not have clashed.
Oh my god, you’re right . . .
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

The Sightmark 2.5x20 M1A is currently on way sale at DVor ($69). It’s not listed on the Sightmark website, so it may be discontinued.

My Swift is serving me well, so I’m not lining up to buy one. An illuminated reticle would be nice, but I’m not partial to 30mm tubes and the ocular is quite large.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I should probably grab one for my second 12.7x42 (Beowulf clone) but I'll pass.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Got out to the range today to sight in the TruGlo 2X42. There are no marks on the windage and elevation knobs, so all adjustments were relative. Clicks are less than positive and adjustments are a bit inconsistent, so zeroing took a dozen shots instead of six. The brightness marks are a bit misaligned with the hashmark.

These are all nitpicks. The view is clear and bright. Brightness setting 9 of 11 worked well for me in bright sunlight. The field of view and 2X magnification is just right. Highly recommended.
Point452

Post by Point452 »

HarryAlonzo wrote:Got out to the range today to sight in the TruGlo 2X42. There are no marks on the windage and elevation knobs, so all adjustments were relative. Clicks are less than positive and adjustments are a bit inconsistent, so zeroing took a dozen shots instead of six. The brightness marks are a bit misaligned with the hashmark.

These are all nitpicks. The view is clear and bright. Brightness setting 9 of 11 worked well for me in bright sunlight. The field of view and 2X magnification is just right. Highly recommended.
I appreciate you for trying it and reported back, thanks! I will order one- it seems like a great hog hunting optic for the R92.
“A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun.... Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Thank Ohio3Wheels!