Sights

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Barkley

Sights

Post by Barkley »

OK I do not like buck horn sights, period. I've been looking at the Skinner rear sight for my 92 44 mag. It would replace the rear sight and basically be like a ghost ring, although a bit farther from my eyes. Have any of you tried them and what do you think?
mrackerm

Re: Sights

Post by mrackerm »

I have a Skinner ghost ring sight on a Chiappa 1892 lever action. I like it. I also tried a Marbles ghost ring type sight on a Winchester 1894 and was not quite as fond of it. The Skinner sight is a quality piece of hardware.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I would consider reading through the forum a while to find the opinions. This is the most common new topic started.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Look at the list of similar topics at the bottom of the page.
Right now I'm seeing Sights, Tang Sights, Tang Sights, XS Sights Installation -Front of or behind lugs?, Front & Rear Sights on Octagonal barrel,

I would advise looking hard at the advantages of a tang sight or a peep mounted on the receiver or the bolt. There's been some discussion on that recently.