New Rossi 92!

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
TexasJackKin

New Rossi 92!

Post by TexasJackKin »

Just got my Rossi 92 Stainless .38,.357 with a 16-inch barrel. After reading all I could about them, I was expecting a bit of a project. But that’s not the case, this thing is incredibly smooth, wood is decent, if somewhat plain, fit and finish are outstanding. I’m a retired Tool and Die maker, which makes me “fussier” than most!
I’ll still take it apart, stone any roughness and properly lube it, because I’m just funny that way….. But I can’t imagine it needing much.
Mike M.
Dayton, NV
NRA Life member
Front Sight DG
NFC, CRPA, USPSA, AOPA, EAA, CCW: NV, AZ,CA
Yes, I'm Related to Texas Jack
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: New Rossi 92!

Post by TinMan »

Congrats 8-)
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Sarge »

Congratulations Jack. please keep us posted on how it shoots.
TexasJackKin

Post by TexasJackKin »

Interestingly, I did a strip, clean, and lube, of my new in box rifle, and found it clean (other than preservative oil) the ejector spring had already been shortened but still smartly ejected dummy rounds. The action is very smooth, and really didn’t need any work, but while I was in there, I ran a fine stone over everything, mostly just looking for high spots, but it was very well finished!

I found a “snug” spot in the magazine tube (with the plastic follower) that I still need to address, so haven’t shortened the magazine spring, as of yet.

I also want the reduce the loading gate spring pressure, I did “hour glass” it slightly (easier to take more off, than put it back on) but need to do more. Does anyone have a picture or dimension of a properly hour glassed loading gate spring?

I’m still planning on a bolt mounted peep sight, as my old eyes have a hard time with the factory buck horn rear sight, but I’ll shoot it a bit before I add the peep.
Mike M.
Dayton, NV
NRA Life member
Front Sight DG
NFC, CRPA, USPSA, AOPA, EAA, CCW: NV, AZ,CA
Yes, I'm Related to Texas Jack