Rossi 92 with black powder!

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Sacramento Johnson

Rossi 92 with black powder!

Post by Sacramento Johnson »

Hi all!
New member here!
Had the chance to take out a new to me Rossi 92 carbine in 44-40 this past weekend. It's an older Interarms import (pre 99) that had very little, if any, use before I recently got it!
Had a blast plinking at shotgun clays on the hillside with my 44-40 black powder rounds in winchester cases (3F Goex, 200 grain bullets); very satisfying 'boom' sound and very accurate as well! Clean up was a snap as that bottle neck case kept the fouling out of the receiver.
I wish Rossi did these in 38-40 as well; I bet that would be a fun black powder shooter also!
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Rossi 92 with black powder!

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Now that’s something I’ve never seen. How many rapid shots before you can’t see through the smoke?

Welcome aboard!
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

(waving away the smoke cloud) "I swear there was a critter standing right there"...... :roll:
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
Sacramento Johnson

Post by Sacramento Johnson »

With a slight breeze, you're ok. A still/calm morning with high humidity in the forest; now that requires the Force to be with you to see after 2 or 3 shots!

Any other '92 black powder shooters out there?
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I have run Blackhorn 209 through my 45 Colt, not quite as much smoke but not a tedious clean up either. The straight wall case doesn't do a lot to keep debris out of the action and I hate taking it apart.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image