Peep sight choice

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Blind Hawg

Peep sight choice

Post by Blind Hawg »

Skinner barrel mount or Steve’s Gunz bolt mount? I prefer the Skinner sight but not where it mounts. Aperture sight should be closer to the eye. Anyone have experience with the Skinner on a 92?
TexasJackKin

Re: Peep sight choice

Post by TexasJackKin »

I'm leaning towards the Steve Gunz bolt mount, it will be interesting what the experts have to say. There are several threads on the subject, that have me leaning towards the Steve Gunz sight.
Mike M.
Dayton, NV
NRA Life member
Front Sight DG
NFC, CRPA, USPSA, AOPA, EAA, CCW: NV, AZ,CA
Yes, I'm Related to Texas Jack
GSB4243

Post by GSB4243 »

I'm anything but an expert, but I opted to replace my rear sight with the Marbles Bullseye sight. It is really kind of a hybrid between an aperture sight, full buckhorn, and a ghost ring. Maybe it is not the best of any of those, but is is really easy to bring the gun up and put the front sight "dot" right in the middle of the little ring. It allows me to consistently hit a paper plate at 75 yds and that's good enough for me.
Papaflessas

Post by Papaflessas »

I have a Skinner peep on the 20” barrel of my 92 .45 Colt. It certainly offers a better sight picture than the stock buckhorn sight for me. It adjusts for windage by drifting it in dovetail with a hammer, not that convenient at the range. It seems that I can make finer elevation adjustments with the Skinner than the buckhorn, but a very fine Allen wrench (included) is necessary to loosen the sight for elevation changes. Mine tends to loosen on it’s own, plus I worry about loosing that tiny tool. Overall I think it was a worthwhile upgrade. Good luck.
Blind Hawg

Post by Blind Hawg »

I ordered Rossi "special" front sight from Skinner Patridge (extra tall for trimming) and Steve's bolt mtd peep sight. I kinda like the safety though.