Rear sight elevator step POI change

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Rear sight elevator step POI change

Post by Sarge »

I zeroed a 20"45 Colt at 100 yards with a 255 grain RNFP at 1150 fps. On that particular rifle, the next elevation notch put that load on a 24" diamond plate at 200 yards.
Blind Hawg

Post by Blind Hawg »

That’s about a 35” drop according to http://www.shooterscalculator.com/balli ... tory-chart
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Sarge »

Whatever it was, that adjustment was sufficient to correct it.
dlidster

Post by dlidster »

Several years ago I measured the relative increments of the steps on the basic R92 rear sight. Then, applying the data from a Marbles chart I came up with the following , , ,

(I had so much trouble trying to format a table that I reverted to a screen shot.)

Let me try to clarify what's here without elaborating. The first two columns represent the measured notch heights and their incremental increases. The third and fourth columns represent the changes of POI at 50 and 100 yards. From this point I interpolated from other tables how this might affect my POA/POI at various distances.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.