Which spring kit?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
dbur525

Which spring kit?

Post by dbur525 »

Hi fellow rossi Lovers!
I just purchased a rossi stainless model 92 357
The factory trigger pull is smooth no creap and it has a crisp release, my only complaint is the trigger pull is nearly 4 pounds.i would love to get it down around 2 3/4
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Rib111

Re: Which spring kit?

Post by Rib111 »

I went with the Palo Verde spring kit. They describe de-arcing the trigger spring, rather than providing a new spring. I chose to go with the Steve Gunz method instead (hourglassing the trigger spring) and in addition put an AN960-8 washer under the spring. Those two put my trigger pull to 3.5#, down from 4.25#.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I cut a spent .22LR shell open and flattened it for use a trigger spring shim.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
evi1joe

Post by evi1joe »

When people talk about putting "an AN960-8 washer under the spring," do they mean around the screw assembly to raise it up, or are they literally talking about using it as a shim--like how some people use a cut aluminum can to make a shim?
Thanks.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I don't understand the difference in the examples you give. Take out the screw that holds the trigger leaf spring. Either put a washer centered over the screw hole (like I did with my .454) or lay a layer or two of shim stock (like I did with my .357) under where the leaf makes contact with the tang. Reinstall screw.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
evi1joe

Post by evi1joe »

"put a washer centered over the screw hole"
-- Thanks. I thought they may be using the washer AS A SHIM (instead of using it to raise the spring under screw pressure. I like this method better as the shim could perhaps slide around (though I know that seems very unlikely). :)
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

You are using the washer as a shim by putting it under the leaf spring.
evi1joe

Post by evi1joe »

Yes, but the SCREW is going threw it, so it won't move--versus something loose just sitting under the leaf spring--which makes me a bit nervous (not that it should move, especially with a 38/357). :)