Can I add a peep sight to a saddle ring Puma?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
CBennett

Can I add a peep sight to a saddle ring Puma?

Post by CBennett »

I dont like the stock "notch" style rear sight on the puma 92 .357 I was wondering if i could add a peep style rear sight the ones I was looking at were the ones that mounted to the(left) side of the receiver..which is the same side the saddle ring is on... will that type(Williams i believe made one there is another one also whos name escapes me)..this is a older Puma that has the front sight on the front barrel band... If I cant mount that side style peep what are my options..I cant use that one that I see people using the bolt mountable ones because mine doesnt have that safety/hole.

I see Skinner also has a forward mounted peep sight now?? hows the forward mounted sight work out,,,well being that far forward....

But will the williams work just seems further back the better.. thanks in advance guys(these were the 2 im looking at) and i dont mind having to use a gun smith to tap/drill mount stuff..
BM_side_view.jpg
Williams_Receiver-Sight.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Can I add a peep sight to a saddle ring Puma?

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Not sure about the Williams and the saddle ring, but since you're going to have it drilled and tapped anyway have you considered a tang sight. I have Marbles on both my '92s and I like them as that gets the rear sigh about as close to the eye as can be had.

Stay well, be safe, make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
CBennett

Post by CBennett »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:Not sure about the Williams and the saddle ring, but since you're going to have it drilled and tapped anyway have you considered a tang sight. I have Marbles on both my '92s and I like them as that gets the rear sigh about as close to the eye as can be had.

Stay well, be safe, make smoke,
I thought about it but the $$$ lol the $$ that was my lone issue with that//its like pricey(tangs) are they not?? I think that skinner one is like $55
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

You're right about the cost, with either version of the Marble you would be looking around 130 plus installation if you can't do the D&T yourself.

I have a Skinner Express peep on my Marlin 1895 in 45/70 and have been pleased with it. His machining is a work of art and the interchangeable apertures is a plus.

Stay well, be safe, make smoke
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image