Rossi rifle stock and butt plate.

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Rossi rifle stock and butt plate.

Post by Archer »

golfish wrote:
jkramer357 wrote:I read that on their web sight. Wonder if it we ould be easier to just rework a winchester stock.
I've got a Winchester 92 short rifle and a couple Rossi 92 rifles. I'll take a look at em and post some pics of the butt plates if anyone is interested..
Slapping a scale if you have one in the pictures would be useful.
Measurements with a caliper.
Tape measure is better than nothing.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

jkramer357 wrote:That woud be great.
So the only problem that I see that doesn't match up is that the Winchester plate has more of an up sweep then the Rossi. You might have to move a little wood or flatten the Winchester plate. They're cast so I don't know if you can do that without breaking it.

I'll see if I can upload some pictures later today or tomorrow..I took pics of the Winchester plate on the Rossi.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

The Winchester looks taller but it's not. There should be no problem fitting this part.

You can see the bend on the Win is a little more. I think removing a little wood would be the fix for this, or flatten the plate .

You can see the top is a little off center. I feel most if not all Rossi plates are hand fitted and each one is a little different then the next.

They're really close in size. You might have to remove a little metal or wood but I feel you'll have to do the same with a Rossi replacement.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

+corn
jkramer357

Post by jkramer357 »

Thanks for the great pics! It doesn't look like there would be that much work involved to fit the Winchester plate.