My First Rossi-R92 Stainless .45 Colt Carbine

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: My First Rossi-R92 Stainless .45 Colt Carbine

Post by mr surveyor »

Just a question .... before you loaded up the whole hundred rounds, did you build a couple of inert dummy rounds and check for cycling function?

just asking

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

vonfilm wrote:Do I need an Italian SAA .45 Colt clone to go along with it?
No, I already have that. I need the rifle. +guns
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

vonfilm wrote:Do I need an Italian SAA .45 Colt clone to go along with it?
Yes.
vonfilm

Post by vonfilm »

mr surveyor wrote:Just a question .... before you loaded up the whole hundred rounds, did you build a couple of inert dummy rounds and check for cycling function?

just asking

jd
No. I probably should have.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

vonfilm wrote:
mr surveyor wrote:Just a question .... before you loaded up the whole hundred rounds, did you build a couple of inert dummy rounds and check for cycling function?

just asking

jd
No. I probably should have.

Thanks ... just asking. I had a bit of problem with the RimRock RNFP bullets in the .357 mag that just wouldn't play nice in my Rossi R92. The bullet profile just wouldn't co-operate with MY particular R92 - after I loaded about 100 of them. Ended up just carrying in them in a baggie in my range bag to shoot them in my Ruger SP-101 occasionally. I won't be buying any more, although I'm still a fan of RimRock boolits.

I really hope you have better luck. Keep us all up to date.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GSB4243

Post by GSB4243 »

Which of the Marbles bullseye did you purchase? The long or the short? I am considering doing the same with my 454...
vonfilm

Post by vonfilm »

Today I was able to get to the club and try out the Marble's Bullseye(long version) sight and my new handloads. I liked the sight better than the stock semi-buckhorn and And I liked its low profile and light weight. I shot at 25 yards today and was able to hold about a 3 inch group with a rest.I might be able to do better with practice, but I am liimted with old eyes and poor eyesight. Most of my other guns have scopes. This one will remain with iron sights and be a different kind of rifle for me for 100 yards or less.

A few taps on the front sight with a drift got the Rossi on target.

My handloads functioned perfectly as long as I did not short stroke the lever. The 6.6 grains of Bullseye burned a little dirty. There was quite a bit of soot on the cases. I would like to change the ejection spring for a weaker one.

Recoil was low, but that crescent buttplate kind of poked at me a little. Just part of it's charm.

I also tried out new handloads in my Henry 327 Fedmag. I will address that in the cast forum.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

I'm glad to hear those boolits functioned well in the Rossi.

jd